• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations January 3-6th. 2018 Winter Storm Observations

Just in the last few minutes, precip. started here in the form of ZR. My temp. was 30.0 just prior to the start. It has already cooled down to 28.8. I was wondering what the precip form would be at the start and now I know.

My temp keeps going back and forth from 23 to 24. Thats strange. Can barely see the beautiful moon through the clouds. Air feels more moist. My nose LUVS it!

Brunswick and Glynn County Police Depts are updating road and bridge conditions on Twitter. Already a lot of iceing with multiple accidents.

I've heard that the roads are apparently completely iced over in Valdosta, GA.
Are you serious? I'm worried my mom is going to lose power. She had no idea this was going to happen unti I told her the possibilities.... I told her to get prepared. She said she was but when I aked about the power she said " I didnt even think about that"! Crazy that they had such little warning and how could they with the crazy models? Yikes!!

19 and waiting on my snow! ;)

Still fairly light but steady freezing rain continuing here. I've seen no sleet or snow. There now is a light glaze on exposed surfaces/leaves, etc. Just heard reports of roads now being closed due to icing. 28.6 here.

Are you serious? I'm worried my mom is going to lose power. She had no idea this was going to happen unti I told her the possibilities.... I told her to get prepared. She said she was but when I aked about the power she said " I didnt even think about that"! Crazy that they had such little warning and how could they with the crazy models? Yikes!!
Yes, supposedly the two main over passes (the two roads that lead into town from Quitman and Lake Park) are completely covered in ice.

Still sitting at 19 with full cloud cover. Random observation, it is quiet outside. I haven't really seen any birds or squirrels milling about this morning. I thought that was odd.

Still sitting at 19 with full cloud cover. Random observation, it is quiet outside. I haven't really seen any birds or squirrels milling about this morning. I thought that was odd.
I saw a flock of birds flying around in the distance and a few birds milling around in the leaves in mby.

Back