• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin' January

Is it me or is the model consensus tending to strengthen the SE ridge for late month? Opinions? This ridge has prevented folks like Phil, myself, and others in the SE/S part of the SE from getting all that cold anomalywise this winter compared to further NW.
It might flex at times but I don’t think we have to worry about that yet

I think to add to it all, there is a lot of energy flying all around as well. That will lead to wild op solutions

Let’s push that ridge to the east out to sea and get a wave riding that mammoth ridge out west and we’d be in business. I mean we’re so close to glory it’s sickeningView attachment 11013

Shortwave ridging due to the deep trough over the US. Gonna deal with that unless you get a big time block. That said, it isnt horrible.

And the artic gates opening again at the end of the run.

I think it’s just a matter of time guys. It’s just timing all these moving pieces just right for us to get a big storm.

Going to be a big storm or miss in this setup.
There will most definitely be a big storm before January comes to a close. I just don’t know who’s storm it is yet. I’m almost happy snow isn’t showing up here on the LR operationals. It’s going to be extremely hard for models to peg anything from
a distance with that big fluctuating ridge going up out west. No west to east long distance trackers in this coming pattern. Lots of moving parts but lots of potential as well

Paging Larry..... MJO forecast as Well have it swinging over to bad phases in long range. But caution about that. They did bad the last 2 weeks. Verification images included. 2 week then 1 week verification time images below.
054CA5AB-3AAA-4D75-903E-D0508E4BAD4E.gif5819C000-27FD-4004-901A-DA5C65C476FC.gifBCDA3D3B-B825-441D-8929-BA290BBBD397.gif24081C2A-1E80-4BEA-BBD6-3E5BCDE89DE0.gif

Back