• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Jalapeño July

Love it but I'll take my 4.5" of snow on November 1st over that. Mind you I'm still doing penance for that snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As crazy as this sounds, that wasn't the first time it's snowed that much in Lexington in November. This storm in 1901 also produced 5" of snow in Lexington, SC... lmao!
November 19 1901 SC Snow Map.jpg

I know this is completely random but as Ive been reconstructing some winter storms for NC, I just came across a big accumulating, area wide snowfall in South Carolina and Georgia in mid November 1901!View attachment 717
Nice Augusta jackpot! I hope we see 5 storms like that this winter!

I know this is completely random but as Ive been reconstructing some winter storms for NC, I just came across a big accumulating, area wide snowfall in South Carolina and Georgia in mid November 1901!View attachment 717

When I get the chance, I'm going to check the official record to see how much ATL got. Accumulating SN in ATL in November was rare even going back to 1890.

1 inch in November? That would be epic if that happened again.

When I get the chance, I'm going to check the official record to see how much ATL got. Accumulating SN in ATL in November was rare even going back to 1890.

Yeah, from what I've seen in the NCDC archives, Atlanta picked up a trace but areas further NE received somewhere in the ballpark of 1-3", with Elberton being the big winner at 3"...

Nice Augusta jackpot! I hope we see 5 storms like that this winter!

Actually, Augusta got absolutely nothing in this storm rotfl... As is often the case w/ very early and late season winter storms (like November 1 2014) snowfall accumulations if any are heavily dependent on precipitation rates and apparently Augusta received a massive screw job because the next county to the north received 2-4" of snow

WTH! LOL!

Lexington is apparently the snow capital of the SC midlands haha... Yeah, isn't it amazing what you find when you start to dig a little bit back in the archives and look outside the major metropolitan areas like Columbia, Greenville-Spartanburg, Raleigh-Durham, and Charlotte? I just came upon this by pure chance... I saw that both Southport and Wilmington, NC received a trace of sleet (although the Southeastern Regional Climate Center's (SERCC) NWS NOWData doesn't show this) on November 19 1901, while everyone else in NC saw nothing and wondered...

Webb or Larry, do you remember the date where it snowed on Oct31/Nov1? What year? If i recall this happen north Bama northen Ga and TN. Epic event

Webb or Larry, do you remember the date where it snowed on Oct31/Nov1? What year? If i recall this happen north Bama northen Ga and TN. Epic event

November 1, 2014. Awesome image btw whatalife
Reid Wood snowfall Columbia, SC.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 9.58.48 PM.png

I-20 near Gilbert, SC
Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 9.59.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 10.03.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 10.04.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 10.03.50 PM.png

Then about 2 weeks later that same November, snow flurries fell as far south as northern MS & Tennessee
Screen Shot 2017-07-22 at 10.01.13 PM.png

November 1, 2014. Awesome image btw whatalife
View attachment 719

Oh yes! It's all coming back to me now....
5d2cee60b2a853798989462e93c23c31.jpg
0b374c875b0345ab57416331d425ed7a.jpg

Also remember the superstorm Sandy that created the blizzard in Oct. Lots of snow in the east as well in TN mountains

Look back over recent years with Halloween snow ... omen hasn't been too terribly good ... in fact, overall, not thinking the winters are worth remembering, unless you generally like the next snow on Pres's Day or thereabouts ...
You will get you chance man lol

Back