• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

severestorm

Reaction score
goes16_ir_98L_202209201305_lat10.3-lon-53.0.jpg

98L_geps_latest.png

98L_gefs_latest.png

98L_intensity_latest.png

Really need hurricane season to calm until at least after Fall Break. We have plans to visit Gulf Shores for the first time in years since neither boy is playing football this year. Unfortunately it might not be looking good. ??

Updated: Satellite data indicate that the tropical wave located
several hundred miles east of the Windward Islands has become better
organized this morning. Additional development is expected, and a
tropical depression is likely to form within the next few days as
the system moves westward to west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph
across the eastern and central Caribbean Sea. Interests in the
Windward Islands should closely monitor the progress of this system
as heavy rainfall and gusty winds could affect these islands
beginning on Wednesday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.

GFS little slower this time with development and a touch more west than the previous run, lots to iron out and lots of time to discuss this one but dang the model consensus for something is certainly there.

gfs_mslp_uv850_watl_36.png

934mb in the gulf headed somewhere! Looks further west this run.

Slower, more W, I don’t see a hook E towards Carolinas as strong. Darn.
Lol... should still head NE, will break Shetley's drought (wait who am I kidding). Anyway, upper air players a little different in long range and impossible to get a good idea at this point, some energy along the US/Can border @222 wasn't there on previous runs. But yeah any hard north hook up the eastern seaboard dwindling with the slow development. If that occurs

Lol... should still head NE, will break Shetley's drought (wait who am I kidding). Anyway, upper air players a little different in long range and impossible to get a good idea at this point, some energy along the US/Can border @222 wasn't there on previous runs. But yeah any hard north hook up the eastern seaboard dwindling with the slow development. If that occurs
To clarify, I'm talking hard north hook, @Lickwx weenie run prior to it getting to the gulf type of turn lol

Back