• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Ida Inland impacts

This is radar of where my grandparents live in Virginia .. this storm is still tornado warned she said she didn’t see anything but it looked so solid on radar .. big time hook echo and velocity View attachment 89965View attachment 89966
Both storms produced confirmed tornados. I live outside Christiansburg and one missed me by around a mile. Second one missed by a quarter mile. My wife heard a deafening roar that lasted 3 seconds on the second one. Damage reported on Virginia Techs campus. Scary evening here in the NRV. Approaching 2 inches of rain so far.

Clouds look to be thinning here in north Raleigh. Maybe we'll actually get some storms since they have been hyped up the past two days.

Hype doesn’t get you storms … good environmental conditions do .. u win u lose brick that’s just how it goes

I know. It's just for me personally I seem to get better storms when a threat isn't really hyped and nothing at all when it is.

RAH cut my rain potential way down overnight. If I get anything, it’ll have to be from the afternoon leftovers that pop up. My entire summer has been like this.
Yeah they cut them way down as noted from their AFD but as Shane mentioned still should get some to pop once suns comes out and with high pwats those that do pop could be prolific rain makers. Just seems they will be more scattered and not as widespread as it once appeared, since the core of the remnants are further north.

Additionally, over the past 24 hours, QPF amounts have steadily
decreased across central NC, especially across the northern portions
of the CWA where models were showing the potential for 1 to 1.5".
Case in point, the NBM has cut QPF amounts across the NW Piedmont
from ~1.5" last night to 0.25" tonight. Prefer a more conservative
QPf reduction for now, with rainfall amounts ranging from two-thirds

of an inch across the north to around one-quarter of an inch across
the south.

Sun is peeking out now. Maybe it'll add the spark needed.

Hrrr drops dews down again during the early afternoon and ML capes go down to about 200. Not sure if this is the HRRR doing what the hrrr does. 3k and CAMs should be interesting to see if the continue the overall lackluster coverage today

Back