• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extreme flooding, huge fires, extreme heat, extreme glacier melt is in the news weekly. This was not the case in the early 2000s. Just because we didn't have as many stations in the past does't mean it's not happening.
I'm sure the dust bowl of the 1930s would beg to differ

Not sure how this is hard to understand.....humans are taking sequestered CO2 out of the earth and burning it releasing CO2 into the atmosphere.....to the tune of 35-40 gigatons a year. This is causing a rather dramatic increase in CO2, again no surprise the output by humans exceeds the ability of the earth to sequester all the excess CO2.

We know the radiative forcing values of CO2, again that is hard science, so if humans are releasing a lot of CO2, and we see that reflected in the ppm of CO2 in the air, and we know that increasing CO2 causes warming then I fail to see why anyone doubts that humans are greatly contributing to the warming.

emissions_vs_concentrations_1751-2021_madeJun2022.gif

Exactly how much impact we are having is debatable, but its certainly more than none....this article makes a strong argument for 36%-45% or so of the current warming being attributed to human activity....

• In 2019, the Annual Greenhouse Gas Index was 1.45, which represents a 45-percent increase in radiative forcing (a net warming influence) since 1990 (see Figure 1).
  • Of the greenhouse gases shown in Figure 1, carbon dioxide accounts for by far the largest share of radiative forcing since 1990, and its contribution continues to grow at a steady rate. Carbon dioxide alone would account for a 36-percent increase in radiative forcing since 1990.

Happy to see conversation starting back up on this. Seeing puddles of water in the center of Greenland is eerie. Could be cyclical of course, but nevertheless rare to see.

My vehicle went from a Jeep Wrangler to Ford Fiesta. Like MJ said, have to start with the man in the mirror. Playing "Devil's Advocate" here, but I still want to see conversation on it.

Happy to see conversation starting back up on this. Seeing puddles of water in the center of Greenland is eerie. Could be cyclical of course, but nevertheless rare to see.

My vehicle went from a Jeep Wrangler to Ford Fiesta. Like MJ said, have to start with the man in the mirror. Playing "Devil's Advocate" here, but I still want to see conversation on it.
It's like 3 degrees, max, in central Greenland. Where do you see liquid water in the center of Greenland? Also, surface mass of snow and ice is slightly above average and expected to start growing as we get into August. Temps on the latest GFS show much colder temps in Greenland in the next 10 days.

It's like 3 degrees, max, in central Greenland. Where do you see liquid water in the center of Greenland? Also, surface mass of snow and ice is slightly above average and expected to start growing as we get into August. Temps on the latest GFS show much colder temps in Greenland in the next 10 days.
This is exactly why I want conversation on this. I saw a publication that showed Greenland ice melting in Summit Camp and regions in central Greenland, claiming this is the last frontier to save us from GW, and they had pics of lakes in Greenland that were solid before. I have a hard time knowing what is accurately being portrayed in media sources and what are outright lies. Thanks for sharing what you share on here!!!

-1.9C was recently recorded at the summit which is unprecedented.

I see climatologists use the phrase "every year mets forecast more and more hurricanes" as an argument for AGW.

To me, I dont care what gets forecasted, I care what's verified. Are we actually getting more numerous hurricanes, flooding, etc.

Interesting look at how much impact we are having....

The ice cores are based on a huge assumption that the world's bio-economy was the same then as now, and is forever unchanging. That assumption can not be proven and must be accepted on faith. Belief systems based on faith are religions. All of this global climate garbage is an extension of this anti-human religion. We still know very little about climate and long term effects of increasing CO2. But because what we do know is that it is more beneficial to have higher concentrations of CO2 in the lower atmosphere for plant growth, and that it is a low quality greenhouse gas, I don't see any urgency to shift from energy dense, cheap fuel for human growth and prosperity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back