• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "creates plant food" argument is a bit ignorant when you consider the fact we're constantly clear cutting and deforesting at rapid rates. However half the oxygen still comes from the oceans from microbes, so depending on how well they adapt to sea changes depends on how our oxygen level will be over time. Regardless, we still have the greenhouse effect and we should work on reducing it in what ways we can.
Nah we will be fine . 20 years from now we will forget this was a thing and be on to the next supposed civilization ending disaster .

I agree completely. I for one do believe there is man made right now, though I do question just based on historical trends in climate, how much of it is man made. I really feel that there would be fewer deniers on this if some people didn’t try to link every single extreme weather event directly to climate change.
This is my issue with the whole thing. Are we warming? Yes look no further than the averages. Is every single event attributable to GW? I don't think it's always 1:1. Flooding, heat, cold, drought, hurricanes all still occurred before GW and will continue to occur. Now I know someone is going to say well they are worse now, but are they? We have increased the amount of weather monitoring stations by incredible percentages over the last 1-3 decades, satellites are better now, hell most of us have a PWS in our backyard. My ultimate question becomes how many extreme events were missed previously that are captured now? If someone can prove to me it was 0 then I'll believe it until then there's always that lingering question of did this happen before

This is my issue with the whole thing. Are we warming? Yes look no further than the averages. Is every single event attributable to GW? I don't think it's always 1:1. Flooding, heat, cold, drought, hurricanes all still occurred before GW and will continue to occur. Now I know someone is going to say well they are worse now, but are they? We have increased the amount of weather monitoring stations by incredible percentages over the last 1-3 decades, satellites are better now, hell most of us have a PWS in our backyard. My ultimate question becomes how many extreme events were missed previously that are captured now? If someone can prove to me it was 0 then I'll believe it until then there's always that lingering question of did this happen before
That is totally what I get hung up on too.

Exactly…we’re not even a full century into getting climate data for all areas of the planet. So for me it’s hard to say that all of the warming is man made and it’s and even more naive to say that all extreme weather events are a direct result.

Extreme flooding, huge fires, extreme heat, extreme glacier melt is in the news weekly. This was not the case in the early 2000s. Just because we didn't have as many stations in the past does't mean it's not happening.

Extreme flooding, huge fires, extreme heat, extreme glacier melt is in the news weekly. This was not the case in the early 2000s. Just because we didn't have as many stations in the past does't mean it's not happening.
This is simply circumstantial evidence and doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

Exactly…we’re not even a full century into getting climate data for all areas of the planet. So for me it’s hard to say that all of the warming is man made and it’s and even more naive to say that all extreme weather events are a direct result.
Have you heard of the butterfly effect? The huge increase in GHG is having a huge effect on weather patterns. Mainly slowing everything down and popping these giant ridges just like a river does when it slows to a crawl on a flat plain due to less temp differential between the poles and equator.

Have you heard of the butterfly effect? The huge increase in GHG is having a huge effect on weather patterns. Mainly slowing everything down and popping these giant ridges just like a river does when it slows to a crawl on a flat plain due to less temp differential between the poles and equator.
Cycles….. you’re welcome.

Yes but go back to actual weather records and you will see that there was always that going on with regular consistency. We see these get so much more attention now than because of the social media age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back