• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the air temperature over the oceans at the equator below normal? It's consistent, growing in area and magnitude. Does this line up with AGW theory? The southern hemisphere is getting blasted with much below normal cold weather systems, too.

Attachments

• gfs_T2ma_global_fh144-198.gif
    gfs_T2ma_global_fh144-198.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Why is the air temperature over the oceans at the equator below normal? It's consistent, growing in area and magnitude. Does this line up with AGW theory? The southern hemisphere is getting blasted with much below normal cold weather systems, too.
Nice checks & balances to the 100f temps in UK and western Europe. I dont care about the rare occurences as long as they dont become commonplace.

It was 70 degrees at Clingmans Dome Sat afternoon. Felt like a different world than the 96 in Gatlinburg.

The daily record was almost doubled and last time it was from hurricane remnants in 1915. Just shows how much more moisture is in the atmosphere.

There is zero reliable science that Climate Change isn't at least majority man made right now. It's so weird that intelligent people on a weather board still fall into these anti-logic traps. I think they all hate leftists and Greta Thunberg 'woke' types so much they just ignore the actual 100% reliable science and need to crap on the entire theory of AGW. Weird, but okay. Trust me, I can't stand the Leftists who think every strong hurricane or heat wave is PROOF of Climate Change too.. They are a distraction. But the core science is pretty much settled. Ain't it?

There is zero reliable science that Climate Change isn't at least majority man made right now. It's so weird that intelligent people on a weather board still fall into these anti-logic traps. I think they all hate leftists and Greta Thunberg 'woke' types so much they just ignore the actual 100% reliable science and need to crap on the entire theory of AGW. Weird, but okay. Trust me, I can't stand the Leftists who think every strong hurricane or heat wave is PROOF of Climate Change too.. They are a distraction. But the core science is pretty much settled. Ain't it?
I agree completely. I for one do believe there is man made right now, though I do question just based on historical trends in climate, how much of it is man made. I really feel that there would be fewer deniers on this if some people didn’t try to link every single extreme weather event directly to climate change.

I agree completely. I for one do believe there is man made right now, though I do question just based on historical trends in climate, how much of it is man made. I really feel that there would be fewer deniers on this if some people didn’t try to link every single extreme weather event directly to climate change.
All weather is linked as it's happening in a warming climate. If you took 2 Earths and modeled them with one having preindustrial GHG levels and the other current levels the patterns would be totally different. (They are doing this now for research) It's like trying to compare weather on 2 different planets.

The daily record was almost doubled and last time it was from hurricane remnants in 1915. Just shows how much more moisture is in the atmosphere.

Important to note that the areas that flooded were existing flood plains that were protected behind a levee. They were protected from the rivers, but not run-off from precipitation. This wouldn't have been news if people would stop building in flood plains. You could make the case that the levees actually caused the flooding this time because the water could not run off freely into the rivers.

I wouldn't say zero, actually if you go back through this whole thread you'd find some data to the contrary, also you would find that many of us so called "deniers" (as we're labeled) don't actually deny we're in a warming climate currently. What most of us question is how much is AGW and is it cyclical, I'm not convinced we have 100% solid evidence that what we are experiencing now has never occurred before in the history of this earth. Also I find it weird that intelligent people on a weather board, or anywhere for that matter, still fall for these settled science comments. Nothing could be more anti-science than saying it's settled science

I would not argue that humans have not influenced our environment. I doubt the magnitude and seriousness of the effects. Urban heat islands and other land use decisions have played a significant role. Burning carbon based fuels at the surface creates more plant food. I am concerned about burning jet fuel at altitude. Since CO2 is heavier than air, forcing it up high, where it doesn't naturally occur, may have enhanced effects. Why don't we ban air travel and see where that gets us? Close down all of the airlines? I say the correct response to the changing climate is to adapt, not prevent. It doesn't matter what is the primary driver of the change, the sun, humans, or volcanoes, we need to concentrate on adapting, using all available resources to create as much prosperity and opportunity for all. Removing carbon based fuel is not possible in the short term without huge geopolitical damage and revolts, which will lead to more wars. We are about to see it first hand.

I would not argue that humans have not influenced our environment. I doubt the magnitude and seriousness of the effects. Urban heat islands and other land use decisions have played a significant role. Burning carbon based fuels at the surface creates more plant food. I am concerned about burning jet fuel at altitude. Since CO2 is heavier than air, forcing it up high, where it doesn't naturally occur, may have enhanced effects. Why don't we ban air travel and see where that gets us? Close down all of the airlines? I say the correct response to the changing climate is to adapt, not prevent. It doesn't matter what is the primary driver of the change, the sun, humans, or volcanoes, we need to concentrate on adapting, using all available resources to create as much prosperity and opportunity for all. Removing carbon based fuel is not possible in the short term without huge geopolitical damage and revolts, which will lead to more wars. We are about to see it first hand.
I disagree. The best path forward is to adapt and move toward carbon negative ASAP. It's already causing huge disruptions and will only get worse.

I disagree. The best path forward is to adapt and move toward carbon negative ASAP. It's already causing huge disruptions and will only get worse.
The attempt to reign in carbon use is causing the disruptions. Going carbon negative means killing billions of people, through starvation, war and disease. You have to be a genocidal maniac to want to restrict carbon emissions as a climate modification tool. Bring up viable alternatives while exploiting inexpensive energy dense fuels. Innovate and adapt is the only way. Demand destruction and restrictions will mean human misery and death.

The "creates plant food" argument is a bit ignorant when you consider the fact we're constantly clear cutting and deforesting at rapid rates. However half the oxygen still comes from the oceans from microbes, so depending on how well they adapt to sea changes depends on how our oxygen level will be over time. Regardless, we still have the greenhouse effect and we should work on reducing it in what ways we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back