• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day yes there is a weather explanation but global warming makes the warms warmer and the colds less cold .. a slow increase of averages over time .. yes weather will still be weather and there will always be a cause for day to day weather but that weather is getting progressively warmer as the years progress and we’re seeing constant record warm months and way above normal temps because our averages are based on a time where it was cooler.. our averages will conTinue to rise along with our snow averages continuing to fall (ours changed from 4 inches to 3 inches I believe like last year) this is global warming
But we are also typically seeing colder longer in spring ( the last 2 april/mays have had frost/freezes) We have seen time and time again in the last decade that the pv leaves what used to be the climo normal areas and heads to the pac/ak/Siberia from sept-jan then it comes into our region Feb-May. Where I struggle with that is are we seeing a stronger earlier Pv due to GW then that is being enhanced by warmer SST in the MC/IO which are not great forcing regimes for us to see cold or are we just in a really poor SST cycle that will reverse in a few years and suddenly it's GW is causing the pv to come back to Canada

At the end of the day yes there is a weather explanation but global warming makes the warms warmer and the colds less cold .. a slow increase of averages over time .. yes weather will still be weather and there will always be a cause for day to day weather but that weather is getting progressively warmer as the years progress and we’re seeing constant record warm months and way above normal temps because our averages are based on a time where it was cooler.. our averages will conTinue to rise along with our snow averages continuing to fall (ours changed from 4 inches to 3 inches I believe like last year) this is global warming
What I just read a article that says GW makes cold colder like what happens in Texas last year? Yes the earth is warming but it has warmed and cooled forever. The earth goes in cycles and history shows it.

What I just read a article that says GW makes cold colder like what happens in Texas last year? Yes the earth is warming but it has warmed and cooled forever. The earth goes in cycles and history shows it.
Yes it can create harsh extremes in every case but the cycles you speak of are suppose to last hundreds of years .. we are accelerating that natural cycle rapidly so much that it is clearly visible on data collected over the past 40 years and increasing averages at a much more rapid rate than a period over 200-300 years like it’s suppose to be … I didn’t know I was on more of an island in regards to believing in global warming here I mean it’s clearly happening we wouldn’t be above average almost all the time like we are now if it wasn’t lol

Yes it can create harsh extremes in every case but the cycles you speak of are suppose to last hundreds of years .. we are accelerating that natural cycle rapidly so much that it is clearly visible on data collected over the past 40 years and increasing averages at a much more rapid rate than a period over 200-300 years like it’s suppose to be … I didn’t know I was on more of an island in regards to believing in global warming here I mean it’s clearly happening we wouldn’t be above average almost all the time like we are now if it wasn’t lol
GW is happening and I don’t think anyone is in denial about it but the problem is the way it come across like humans are 100% of the blame. I think humans play a small role.

160 years . Wow . Much long . Much significant
Look at what’s happened the past 40 years the global temps don’t even go below normal anymore when it was common place to have 100 years ago ..now from 1960 to 2000 a clear ramp up from the general slow warming that was taking place when the industrial revolution began why is this?

1634669269437.png

Well take a look here at the burning of fossil fuels and what happened between 1960 and 2000 and extreme ramp up of the burning of these fossil fuels creating carbon dioxide emissions to skyrocket .. what does carbon dioxide do ? Trap heat! It’s so easy and simple to see with your own eyes I don’t see how others can’t. Are these emissions due to to every single person living on the earth. No we have no control over industrial waste of this magnitude but in another sense we kind of do because the things use on a day to day basis like phones and common amenities that we take for granted are made by big industrial factories who end up wasting this amount of fossil fuel burning which in turn causes more of the same result. The correlation is there the cause is there and everyone’s just like it’s natural nothing we can do blah blah blah like bruh look at the science. Are fossil fuels directly causing the pacific pattern to be ---- no but when the pacific pattern is ---- the above average temps that we see from that will only be more above average the more we increase the GLOBAL temps.. yes pockets of the world will still see below average temps for a month of so at a time but the EARTH as a whole is WARMER than average and only increases with time 31EB5D05-A087-47D5-B20D-982ADA3ED6CD.png
The earth as a whole hasn’t been below average since the late 1970s and we only continue to get further away from that

But I agree the sentiment that humans as individuals are causing global warming by eating cows or driving cars like no that as a whole is an extremely small percentage of the waste although driving cars could be more of an argument as more and more people have access to them but how have we combatted that? By using electric cars and those by far are wayyyyy better for the environment and I think Over the next few years electric cars will be the common and most used car vs gas powered. This is a solid solution that has gained lots of traction. But those big factories that spit out carbon like it’s nothing need to come up with ways to realistically reduce their carbon emissions and if we just invested the money into finding these solutions without having to stop making the phones and cars and whatever else is being made in these types of places that we certainly can’t live without at this point in society than we will be better off .. instead of arguing about whether it’s happening at an alarming rate right now while they continue to just make the problem worse and worse by spitting out more and more carbon

If we can do that then our global average will begin to cool off back to normal levels and we can finally get some GO* DAM* GOOD SNOW STORMS ONCE IN A GO* DAM* WHILE !!SH*T! Lol

If we can do that then our global average will begin to cool off back to normal levels and we can finally get some GO* DAM* GOOD SNOW STORMS ONCE IN A GO* DAM* WHILE !!SH*T! Lol
Broski, Raleigh 100 years ago is the same as Raleigh today . Same plants growing , same seasons , same swings , same . Knocking out all the Co2 won’t change that if your motivation for all this is the hope it brings more snow lol. I guess imma make some Raleigh climate boxes from the past to prove my point because seems everyone thinks it was something different . Raleighs biggest snow storm and coldest record actually happened in the last 40 years under all this “ global warming “….

Look at what’s happened the past 40 years the global temps don’t even go below normal anymore when it was common place to have 100 years ago ..now from 1960 to 2000 a clear ramp up from the general slow warming that was taking place when the industrial revolution began why is this?

1634669269437.png

Well take a look here at the burning of fossil fuels and what happened between 1960 and 2000 and extreme ramp up of the burning of these fossil fuels creating carbon dioxide emissions to skyrocket .. what does carbon dioxide do ? Trap heat! It’s so easy and simple to see with your own eyes I don’t see how others can’t. Are these emissions due to to every single person living on the earth. No we have no control over industrial waste of this magnitude but in another sense we kind of do because the things use on a day to day basis like phones and common amenities that we take for granted are made by big industrial factories who end up wasting this amount of fossil fuel burning which in turn causes more of the same result. The correlation is there the cause is there and everyone’s just like it’s natural nothing we can do blah blah blah like bruh look at the science. Are fossil fuels directly causing the pacific pattern to be ---- no but when the pacific pattern is ---- the above average temps that we see from that will only be more above average the more we increase the GLOBAL temps.. yes pockets of the world will still see below average temps for a month of so at a time but the EARTH as a whole is WARMER than average and only increases with time View attachment 92930
The earth as a whole hasn’t been below average since the late 1970s and we only continue to get further away from that
You miss my point , 160 years is very insignificant . Nothing . Nothing at all.

1634669269437.png

Well take a look here at the burning of fossil fuels and what happened between 1960 and 2000 and extreme ramp up of the burning of these fossil fuels creating carbon dioxide emissions to skyrocket .. what does carbon dioxide do ? Trap heat! It’s so easy and simple to see with your own eyes I don’t see how others can’t. Are these emissions due to to every single person living on the earth. No we have no control over industrial waste of this magnitude but in another sense we kind of do because the things use on a day to day basis like phones and common amenities that we take for granted are made by big industrial factories who end up wasting this amount of fossil fuel burning which in turn causes more of the same result. The correlation is there the cause is there and everyone’s just like it’s natural nothing we can do blah blah blah like bruh look at the science. Are fossil fuels directly causing the pacific pattern to be ---- no but when the pacific pattern is ---- the above average temps that we see from that will only be more above average the more we increase the GLOBAL temps.. yes pockets of the world will still see below average temps for a month of so at a time but the EARTH as a whole is WARMER than average and only increases with time View attachment 92930
What's the chart look like pre 1860? Just curious we got any of them observations and detailed temp analysis from say oh I don't let's start with 1050-1200

If I get some down time I will but google should work for you too. I know JB has posted a few good charts and graphs in the past. He isn’t the only one but one name I know.
Good luck with finding them with Google, you know they kinda help control the narrative. Lol

People who don't believe the world is going to burst into flames or get swallowed up by oceans in 12 years are not "deniers". People who legitimately question the data for a relatively short period of time (since records have been kept, 1860'ish) compared to nonexistent observations from previous centuries, also not "deniers". Those that state we are in a warmer climate but question whether it's cyclical (which we really don't know) or if it's AGW or not, also not "deniers".

People who don't believe the world is going to burst into flames or get swallowed up by oceans in 12 years are not "deniers". People who legitimately question the data for a relatively short period of time (since records have been kept, 1860'ish) compared to nonexistent observations from previous centuries, also not "deniers". Those that state we are in a warmer climate but question whether it's cyclical (which we really don't know) or if it's AGW or not, also not "deniers".
Youre right, cant deny that.

I’m a global warming denier denier . I too deny that deniers exist .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back