• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay let's see, we have warmed 1 degree Celsius in almost 280 years since 1750? Anybody know what was happening around the 1600-1850 time period? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller? In the not too distant past, Greenland was, well, Green, but all those centuries it took that to happen can not be attributed to fossil fuels, am I right?
Greenland at its time of discovery had forests . Actual forests along its southern coast. No such thing exists today

Greenland at its time of discovery had forests . Actual forests along its southern coast. No such thing exists today

Wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong.

There are no forests and all tree planting is recent and man made . Growing a tree is not the same as a forest lmao.

There are no forests and all tree planting is recent and man made . Growing a tree is not the same as a forest lmao.

Yo it said there where 300000 trees. Is that not enough for a forest?

M-a-n m-a-d-e forest. It took MAN planting a forest …. pre discovery it was there NATURALLY. It then succumbed to little ice age conditions !

Doesn't matter as they are doing well due to the warming and wetter climate.

Doesn't matter as they are doing well due to the warming and wetter climate.

I think the point is they also did well in the past due to warmth/wetter conditions, then it got cold and maybe now it's getting warm again. You know there aren't really too many people that flat out deny the climate isn't a little warmer now it's just not all of us think it's the first time ever, in all the millions of years the earth has been here. Nor do most of us think that this time will ultimately lead to death of all mankind.

So we gon ignore they did well and thrived before man as well? Not in distant past either ?

That was a regional "warm period" and not global like now and 1000s of years in the future not a couple hundred.

I think the point is they also did well in the past due to warmth/wetter conditions, then it got cold and maybe now it's getting warm again. You know there aren't really too many people that flat out deny the climate isn't a little warmer now it's just not all of us think it's the first time ever, in all the millions of years the earth has been here. Nor do most of us think that this time will ultimately lead to death of all mankind.

I don't think it will kill mankind but it could collapse modern civilization if we don't get it under control.

Oh and sure the climate does change over long time spans and we where heading to the next ice age right on schedule but we slammed on the breaks and punched it in reverse. If we somehow draw the carbon down to preindustrial it will start right back on that same path as the way life on Earth is setup now CO2 will sit around the same ~200 ppm level barring some massive infusion.

Oh and I think there are many many other planets a lot like Earth in the universe just for the fact that life is very tenacious and will just keep coming back after being wiped out over and over.

As a matter of fact there is one only 39 light years away in the Zeta Reticuli system with an advanced civilization way way ahead of us.

I don't think it will kill mankind but it could collapse modern civilization if we don't get it under control.

And who's gonna ride in on their benevolent white horse and fix it for us lowly dumb and ignorant creatures? The Government? Uncle joe and AOC? And just how are AOC, Bernie, and their like going to fix climate change? Stop the US from burning all Fossil Fuels by implementing carbon taxes till we're all poor? What good is that going to do when China is just jugging away at ever increasing amounts?

1633699237615.png

And who's gonna ride in on their benevolent white horse and fix it for us lowly dumb and ignorant creatures? The Government? Uncle joe and AOC? And just how are AOC, Bernie, and their like going to fix climate change? Stop the US from burning all Fossil Fuels by implementing carbon taxes till we're all poor? What good is that going to do when China is just jugging away at ever increasing amounts?

View attachment 92338

Yeah that's a problem. We will suffer the consequences.

As a matter of fact there is one only 39 light years away in the Zeta Reticuli system with an advanced civilization way way ahead of us.

It's the 4th planet out from Zeta Reticuli 2 which is very similar to the Sun but about 2 billion years older.

So, do you have any solutions, or do you just like to sit around and yell "CLiMaTe DeNiErS!" all day and think that's the solution?

Yeah go all electric and renewable and plant tons of trees and draw down carbon and pump it in the ground in areas where it will be locked up in mineral deposits. It's a tall order but has to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back