• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be from the weakening of the jet due to less temp differential between the poles and mid latitudes. no surprise really. We've been getting these bowling ball lows for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could be? Could be from the PV sitting in Siberia to Ak which is a recipe for the eastern US to Europe to get ridged which will always lead to a cutoff somewhere. We have been in this new regime for a while now where ridges are favored in the eastern US and a trough in the pac/western us which goes against what was climo for a long time. Is it GW related or a decadal oscillation? Not sure there is a lot of chicken/egg there.

I can't believe folks are still in denial. Idiots. How can you warm up the planet and not have consequences? We sure are seeing them now big time.

How can you cool the planet and not have consequences as well? The biggest consequence I see from the warmth will be spending policies that we can't afford. If we are serious about stopping climate change then we need to put ourselves in a position to afford to do it. We are certainly not doing that.

Global warming alarmists tend to believe that the climate record began somewhere in the late 1800s. I'm not sure why it's difficult to believe in a cyclical nature to the climate, spanning hundreds or thousands of years.

Man is no doubt having some sort of impact. But the extent of that as well as the eventual impacts and outcomes are pure speculation. I defy anyone to tell me with certainty that the "record" events that we are able to record today, with today's technology, are absolute records throughout the entire historical climate record of the planet.

And while we're thinking about it, I can't help but notice how all of the catastrophic planetary outcomes continue to get delayed. We have to cut out fossils fuels by 1995, or it will be too late. We have to cut out fossil fuels by 2000, or it will be too late. We have to cut out fossils fuels by 2010, or it will be too late. We have to cut out fossil fuels by 2020, or it will be too late. We have to cut out fossils fuels by 2023, or it will be too late.

It feels an awful lot like we're being heavily propagandized.

Global warming alarmists tend to believe that the climate record began somewhere in the late 1800s. I'm not sure why it's difficult to believe in a cyclical nature to the climate, spanning hundreds or thousands of years.

Man is no doubt having some sort of impact. But the extent of that as well as the eventual impacts and outcomes are pure speculation. I defy anyone to tell me with certainty that the "record" events that we are able to record today, with today's technology, are absolute records throughout the entire historical climate record of the planet.

And while we're thinking about it, I can't help but notice how all of the catastrophic planetary outcomes continue to get delayed. We have to cut out fossils fuels by 1995, or it will be too late. We have to cut out fossil fuels by 2000, or it will be too late. We have to cut out fossils fuels by 2010, or it will be too late. We have to cut out fossil fuels by 2020, or it will be too late. We have to cut out fossils fuels by 2023, or it will be too late.

It's hard for people to see the truth when they're so heavily mentally invested.

There's no arguing at this point as AGW is very obvious now with tons of data to back it up. They are beating a dead horse at this point and anyone in denial is just stupid.

Ok, so that's twice. Boy, you really know how to argue your points; I guess that settles it. Anyone who doesn't see it your way is a denier and stupid and who wants to be those; so they better come around to your view.

I have found that when people have lost the arguement, their last resort is calling people names. Another trick they like to pull is moving the goal posts when the old ones no longer support them

You nailed it. And I think the goalpost issue is one that sincere people should take a hard look at. GXwx talks about this with the "alarmists," who have really served to cast more doubt on the theory than convert people. All we have heard for 30 years is how this was going to be underwater by 2000, or that was going to be melted by 2010, or this would happen by 2020; and NONE of those doomsday scenarios came even close. So instead of reevaluating and amending the theory we push it down the road; "Ok, by 2050 this is really going to happen and by 2100 this will definitely happen and we're past the point of no return."

Why don't they use common sense and say , "Hey let's take better care of our planet, be better stewards cause what we're doing might have an effect. Take some personal responsibility." Oh wait; that's right, common sense and personal responsibility don't involve the left, the media, the entertainment industry, or the government - silly me.

Ok, so that's twice. Boy, you really know how to argue your points; I guess that settles it. Anyone who doesn't see it your way is a denier and stupid and who wants to be those; so they better come around to your view.

You nailed it. And I think the goalpost issue is one that sincere people should take a hard look at. GXwx talks about this with the "alarmists," who have really served to cast more doubt on the theory than convert people. All we have heard for 30 years is how this was going to be underwater by 2000, or that was going to be melted by 2010, or this would happen by 2020; and NONE of those doomsday scenarios came even close. So instead of reevaluating and amending the theory we push it down the road; "Ok, by 2050 this is really going to happen and by 2100 this will definitely happen and we're past the point of no return."

Why don't they use common sense and say , "Hey let's take better care of our planet, be better stewards cause what we're doing might have an effect. Take some personal responsibility." Oh wait; that's right, common sense and personal responsibility don't involve the left, the media, the entertainment industry, or the government - silly me.

Remember when "Climate change", "Global Warming" or what ever it'll be called in the next few years said that Global warming was going to lead to more droughts and the Great Lakes were going to dry up?

Now the great lakes are still above the long term avg and "Climate change" leads to "Rain Bombs" now....

They still forget the internet exists some times.

https://archive.thinkprogress.org/t...s-fresh-water-is-dwindling-away-e9efe2c72891/

Increasingly, scientists believe that climate change is driving the warming waters and setting up a new regime in the Great Lakes that may lead to lower lake levels and a permanently altered shoreline.

“The 1998 El Niño gave us a taste of what we can expect to see on the Great Lakes in a changing climate,” said Don Scavia, Co-Director of the Great Lakes Integrated Sciences and Assessments (GLISA). “The El Niño-driven warmer temperatures are a surrogate for what the future climate might be. The lower lake levels during that time may be a signal of what might be happening under longer term climate change.”

In other words, last winter’s record low lake levels are a glimpse of what a warmer climate in the region would do to the lakes — a glimpse that so far has lasted 15 years, set off by one hot summer.

And here's the Army Corps of Engineers Great Lakes Water Level Data.

https://www.lre.usace.army.mil/Miss...n/Great-Lakes-Information-2/Water-Level-Data/

1633623845861.png

1633624102866.png

I was just about to post something about how the amount of records we have are a tiny snapshot in time of the history of this planet. What about when Antarctica didn't have ice, or the tropical fossils found in Alaska? Or this, is it so horrible that we have a longer growing season in Canada. The really stupid people in all of this are the ones who follow rhetoric from one political party religiously, blindly, and ignorantly. No one denies that the earth hasn't warmed slightly over the past several years records have been kept, but the notion that we need to spend all these new tax dollars, and join these virtue signaling treaties is absolute horseshit on a stick. I'm honestly embarrassed at how people easily manipulated now, especially young people.

I was just about to post something about how the amount of records we have are a tiny snapshot in time of the history of this planet. What about when Antarctica didn't have ice, or the tropical fossils found in Alaska? Or this, is it so horrible that we have a longer growing season in Canada. The really stupid people in all of this are the ones who follow rhetoric from one political party religiously, blindly, and ignorantly. No one denies that the earth hasn't warmed slightly over the past several years records have been kept, but the notion that we need to spend all these new tax dollars, and join these virtue signaling treaties is absolute horseshit on a stick. I'm honestly embarrassed at how people easily manipulated now, especially young people.

Slightly? Try 1C since 1750. That's huge for such a short time span which would take 1000s of years naturally without our intervention.

How do you know It would take thousands of years?

Because it takes a ton of forcing to warm the whole planet that fast like with a doubling of CO2 for example which would take a long time naturally even with massive eruptions like during the PETM which was from a massive release of CO2 from volcanism but at a 10th of the rate we are doing now.

Because it takes a ton of forcing to warm the whole planet that fast like with a doubling of CO2 for example which would take a long time naturally even with massive eruptions like during the PETM which was from a massive release of CO2 from volcanism but at a 10th of the rate we are doing now.

What year will the world come to an end now, you know if we don't take all these drastic measures? I want to be ready

It's just more doomer mentality. You can even see it in other world events. Same basic principle. We're all doomed, unless we let the government fix it. Only they can.

Okay let's see, we have warmed 1 degree Celsius in almost 280 years since 1750? Anybody know what was happening around the 1600-1850 time period? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller? In the not too distant past, Greenland was, well, Green, but all those centuries it took that to happen can not be attributed to fossil fuels, am I right?

Okay let's see, we have warmed 1 degree Celsius in almost 280 years since 1750? Anybody know what was happening around the 1600-1850 time period? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller? In the not too distant past, Greenland was, well, Green, but all those centuries it took that to happen can not be attributed to fossil fuels, am I right?

Wasn't there a grand solar minimum around this time with a mini ice age? The Colonies were also losing their patience with England.

Here's your "little ice age" and "medieval warm period" in comparison. Quit using the same tired old arguments.

1bf1df8f5c05b6d7b1eef5cb50a4557a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back