• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love asking old people about historic weather events. I’ve asked lots of old folks about hazel . For the ones in Raleigh they always mention how they went to school in the morning then got stranded in their buses by the afternoon. Epic. One of my clients mentioned how he was playing a holiday inn circuit with his band and were at the holiday inn at Atlantic beach during the late 70s and it snowed 4 inches he said over the beach. Betting it was February 1978 perhaps ? He said beach in snow was awesome , it covered wherever the waves could not reach. Personally I hope to one day tell my kids about the great mPing storm of February 2021 .
I'm surprised you listen to anybody talking about past history without pulling out your stats

I can't believe folks are still in denial. Idiots. How can you warm up the planet and not have consequences? We sure are seeing them now big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe folks are still in denial. Idiots. How can you warm up the planet and not have consequences. We sure are seeing them now big time.

Mhmmmm it’s looking tragic outside rn. 68 with a NE breeze . Some consequences right there alright !

I can't believe folks are still in denial. Idiots. How can you warm up the planet and not have consequences? We sure are seeing them now big time.

See I think this is part of the problem. Whenever someone expresses a different view on the subject, the warming crowd resorts to labels and name calling. If you want to argue the point, then by all means. But name calling is not arguing a point.

View attachment 92228
View attachment 92229

2 stalled upper lows under 2 ridges produce heavy rain who would have suspected must be a new thing

Could be from the weakening of the jet due to less temp differential between the poles and mid latitudes. no surprise really. We've been getting these bowling ball lows for a while now.

See I think this is part of the problem. Whenever someone expresses a different view on the subject, the warming crowd resorts to labels and name calling. If you want to argue the point, then by all means. But name calling is not arguing a point.

There's no arguing at this point as AGW is very obvious now with tons of data to back it up. They are beating a dead horse at this point and anyone in denial is just stupid.

Could be from the weakening of the jet due to less temp differential between the poles and mid latitudes. no surprise really. We've been getting these bowling ball lows for a while now.

Can you reconstruct what 500mb maps looked like before global warming ? Seems like weather didn’t exist before it !

There's no arguing at this point as AGW is very obvious now with tons of data to back it up. They are beating a dead horse point and anyone in denial is just stupid.

Coldest winter ever in the South Pole . How does that factor in ?

Can you reconstruct what 500mb maps looked like before global warming ? Seems like weather didn’t exist before it !

No but I see a ton of red on the map these days for anomalies that a from just a few decades ago.

There's no arguing at this point as AGW is very obvious now with tons of data to back it up. They are beating a dead horse at this point and anyone in denial is just stupid.

Why does it always come down to name calling, seems debates would be more productive without calling people idiots or stupid. But what do I know, things just don't work like they used to

Coldest winter ever in the South Pole . How does that factor in ?

Antarctica is a huge landmass surrounded by water with a cold current surrounding it cutting it of from the effects of AGW mostly and they are getting more snow due to the warmer ocean which is extending the ice cap further out creating a stronger vortex. AGW will eventually catch up to it due to the fact that the ice cap was much smaller the last time CO2 was at the same levels as now.

Antarctica is a huge landmass surrounded by water with a cold current surrounding it cutting it of from the effects of AGW mostly and they are getting more snow due to the warmer ocean which is extending the ice cap further out creating a stronger vortex. AGW will eventually catch up to it due to the fact that the ice cap was much smaller the last time CO2 was at the same levels as now.

And I bet that had some epic rain storms back then but humans weren't around to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back