• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out all that smoke.

10935ac2101aad8cef0da12f014da39b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean non compliant countries like China and India, right ??

No one is doing near enough. Gonna need huge and painful changes at this point because we let it go way too long. We should have been off fossil fuels back in the 80s. I think some form of collapse is coming and we'll just have to build back smarter at this point.

No one is doing near enough. Gonna need huge and painful changes at this point because we let it go way too long. We should have been off fossil fuels back in the 80s. I think some form of collapse is coming and we'll just have to build back smarter at this point.

We shouldn't do more than China or India. If we do it's detrimental.

I mean, we both agree that a collapse is imminent, the causes we disagree on...but we finally agree on the end result!

Longer growing seasons, more precipitation, and 2 degrees warmer climate is going to kill us all.
Yeah, but it's going to be 129 degrees in Death Valley, so that's going to be way worse. Most of the desert southwest is going to be way hotter, too. So, you know, we can't grow as much food out there. So, therefore, we all starve and die.

My growing season is not getting longer, though. We had a cool spring and now the sun angle is sliding south again...We need to amp up the CO2 production to get my crops going, while there is still sunlight!

Yeah, the smoke is definitely not blocking out enough sun. Still hitting 90 degrees here. I want to block out enough to stay under 83 degrees. Burn more forest!
We need to do what we can. Seems every year we are breaking earth’s temp records. Heck it takes a front now to drop our temps to upper 80’s, which use to be our normal temp here. I drive a Ford Fiesta so I’ve done my part. I just need to stop eating cows now and plant some greenery on my rooftop.

Not sure what can be done or what we can do to protect ourselves. Underground living and gardens?

I'm still not convinced we're seeing the warmest global temps ever. I mean the same people that say we are, are also the same people that believe the earth has been here for 22 billion years. Now, we can't develop a model that can predict the weather 3 days from now but I'm to believe they have processes that can tell me what the temp was 20 billion years ago. Ok

Now, are we in a warmer climate currently? Sure seems like it but I think it's more cyclical and who knows for how long before we reverse direction

I'm still not convinced we're seeing the warmest global temps ever. I mean the same people that say we are, are also the same people that believe the earth has been here for 22 billion years. Now, we can't develop a model that can predict the weather 3 days from now but I'm to believe they have processes that can tell me what the temp was 20 billion years ago. Ok

Now, are we in a warmer climate currently? Sure seems like it but I think it's more cyclical and who knows for how long before we reverse direction

Not gonna reverse direction with 420 PPM CO2 and rising. We've got a long way to go to get to the warmest ever which was during the PETM and roughly the same during the Cretaceous with like double the CO2 or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back