• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have hope for future winters as we are finally pouring money and resources into combatting global warming, and it’s just a matter of time before our efforts result in a more normal winter for us.

I don't. We'd have to pull enormous amounts of CO2 out of the atmosphere on a gargantuan scale to have any effect or wait thousands of year for it to happen naturally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While it may be cooler at your locality today, it’s important to remember the earth as a whole is still warming. Just because a front moved through where you are doesn’t mean it’s stopped.

I don't. We'd have to pull enormous amounts of CO2 out of the atmosphere on a gargantuan scale to have any effect or wait thousands of year for it to happen naturally.

Man is only responsible for like 5% of co2. Majority 85-90% comes from oceans.

No doubt we will have at least 1 more 1-2 night hard freeze between now and the end of April round my way. Happens every year. One reason why my grandpa taught me don't even think about planting the Garden until at least the end of April.
Our grandparents weren’t dealing with global warming. Still good advice though, even if you can get an earlier start.

Our grandparents weren’t dealing with global warming. Still good advice though, even if you can get an earlier start.
I had a frost on Mother’s Day within the past few years. Even my 70 year old mother couldn’t remember one that late. I agree the earth is warming but let’s not get carried away.

Crazy how variable it can be from year to year. I want to say in 2020 our last freeze was in early March, and then in 2021 it was April 20-something.
So true, I just hate waiting so late and missing all of the busy bees doing their work. If I plant too late, my tomato clusters don’t perform as well.

Man is only responsible for like 5% of co2. Majority 85-90% comes from oceans.

Nothing has been "seen" 800,000 years ago, so this is a really stupid claim. In fact, nothing has been reliably observed even 500 years ago and certainly nothing at the current level of detail has been observed in the last 100 years. We know very little about Earth's climate history.

So are we saying GW was to blame for this event? Article seems to go both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back