• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice to know how much colder could it be if we all drove Teslas, had windmill energy, had green roofs, and eliminated cows from this Earth

Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater. Brick may be a weenie like a lot of us, but truth be told when he says things don’t work like they use to.

It's like the planet is getting warmer or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But it's not. It's actually trending cooler over the past decade. It's just the SE U.S. that is not experiencing cooling during the recent winters that makes us think the world is warming. We have more humidity and rainfall. Climate is changing, but it's not driven by man's activities. AGW is a scam to remove individual rights from the few remaining "free" countries.

Many places in the northern hemisphere (Japan and China) have experienced record cold and snow. The southern hemisphere has been consistently below normal in many places. You have to look at the entire globe, not just your backyard or even the U.S.

We need to utilize the least expensive forms of energy in the manner that is most beneficial to humans. If it's natural gas, burn it, but do it cleanly. If it's coal, same thing, but do it as cleanly as possible (bio-toxicity is the REAL threat).

Would be nice to know how much colder could it be if we all drove Teslas, had windmill energy, had green roofs, and eliminated cows from this Earth
Would be nice to have records from 5k years ago to verify if what we are experiencing is actual "record" warmth

Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater. Brick may be a weenie like a lot of us, but truth be told when he says things don’t work like they use to.
It's not necessarily true though, we base so much of this on limited data in reality and climate is cyclical. We really don't know how much impact any teleconnection had one way or the other beyond about 150 yrs ago. The 90s weren't great winters either, there have been other decades, I honestly think we've set too high winter standards for the south. Lol

But it's not. It's actually trending cooler over the past decade. It's just the SE U.S. that is not experiencing cooling during the recent winters that makes us think the world is warming. We have more humidity and rainfall. Climate is changing, but it's not driven by man's activities. AGW is a scam to remove individual rights from the few remaining "free" countries.

Many places in the northern hemisphere (Japan and China) have experienced record cold and snow. The southern hemisphere has been consistently below normal in many places. You have to look at the entire globe, not just your backyard or even the U.S.

We need to utilize the least expensive forms of energy in the manner that is most beneficial to humans. If it's natural gas, burn it, but do it cleanly. If it's coal, same thing, but do it as cleanly as possible (bio-toxicity is the REAL threat).

So how can raising CO2 from 270ppm to 420ppm not warm the planet? Hint: it does. It would still be 270ppm if it was't for human activities.

It's not necessarily true though, we base so much of this on limited data in reality and climate is cyclical. We really don't know how much impact any teleconnection had one way or the other beyond about 150 yrs ago. The 90s weren't great winters either, there have been other decades, I honestly think we've set too high winter standards for the south. Lol

Better set them lower or there's gonna be some hurt feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back