• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc GFS Death Party !!! December 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm5

Administrator
Reaction score
In honor of the GFS being put to sleep once and for all, we are having a GFS death party December 31st . We will give out more prizes , listen to the titanic song over and over and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring your favorite GFS snow maps that you have saved on your computer . I know many of you have an archive of bogus GFS maps from over the years .

Join us and celebrate as we say goodbye to this horrible model !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How great it will he to bury one of the worst models right next to the DGEX in the model graveyard. I'll have to see about finding a clown map but at least we are nearing its demise! #DeathtotheGFS

tenor.gif

What will Spann do if the Euro shows snow now....I guess revert to the CMC, FV3, JAN (all of which will have their own form of a blizzard)? LOL....This should make for interesting times!

I will miss the GFS. I think that the ptype algorithm needs to be disabled on the operational version of the FV3 (new GFS) because it's horrible... from the raw output I've seen from various sources. Although I guess it could be the graphic scripts doing it wrong.. but man, some of those FV3 snowfall maps from two reliable sources (TT and WxNerds) sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back