• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Mountain/Foothills Discussion and Observation Thread

So I decided to go with Maggie Valley and head that way in the morning before it goes down hill. It’s above 3000 ft and looks to be a sweet spot.
Maggie is a fun little town and they will see some snow. Have fun

So I decided to go with Maggie Valley and head that way in the morning before it goes down hill. It’s above 3000 ft and looks to be a sweet spot.
Make sure you eat at Joey’s Pancake house. Promise me

Yeah. That would be about the only way to do it. Very few options and always disappointing when they close the road between Gatlinburg and Cherokee but it’s a different world up there.
Back in the good old days they’d still let you up with chains.

I was gonna go towards Boone but latest modes have been really good for Gatlinburg, where I’m actually at now.
The problem with Gatlinburg is elevation and where it does snow up the parkway gets shut down during storms I'm sure you will see snow but don't accept much of accumulation unless your above 2500 ft in a cabin up on a mountain. Like near Ober.

I’m not even sure anymore. At this point I’m not overly confident in any location getting more than a couple inches.
Your right, although I still think 4-6 is possible where I’m headed. I’m ignoring the globals and watching the short ranges which pretty much all of them still shows a decent amount.

Back