• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Mountain/Foothills Discussion and Observation Thread

SNOWMANN

Formerly Mcdowell_Weather
Reaction score
Thought it might be a good idea to have a separate thread for Mountain posters and people traveling to the mountains. Post away 36° and fog in Blowing Rock. I also like the chances for maybe some snow showers Friday night into Saturday.

Cataloochee had a really good start being open for Thanksgiving, but that quickly nosedived as we entered December. I truly think those above 3000' will have some good opportunities for some northwest flows while the rest of us have some average to slightly below days behind transient fronts. It would really be nice for that area to get a blizzard of 96 redux...

Yeah the forecast looks good starting the end of this week for snow making. I'm hoping maybe we get some flow snow Friday night even if it's just a dusting.

I think some freezing rain or fog is possible before 11:00 a.m. in the morning in WNC especially along the Blue ridge Escarpment where cool pockets of around freezing can develop and hang on longer.

I think some freezing rain or fog is possible before 11:00 a.m. in the morning in WNC especially along the Blue ridge Escarpment where cool pockets of around freezing can develop and hang on longer.
Already down to 31 degrees here. However, it will probably warm up some when the overcast moves in. Wet bulb is 30 degrees so not much room for cooling. Will be watching for any early onset of precip.

I'm going to post this here to keep it out of the busy main thread right now, plus I'm technically in the foothills.
2.1" of rain from this system, and right at 7" for the month already.

1671115645492.png

Anyone that can post their elevations somewhere in their bio would be much appreciated as well.

Back