• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Failbruary Thread

Cold is probably not done making a return. Especially looking at latest long range looks. May be some back and forth this month. The western sections of the southeast and the mid and upper south are still looking for the good one.

I know this is rain here but it could be more south in 15 days. I dont think Feb is totally lost.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_60.png

Euro definitely interesting with the trends on the west coast at the end of its run .. definitely running into higher heights out there and ridging becoming more prominent again

I know this is rain here but it could be more south in 15 days. I dont think Feb is totally lost.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_60.png

Most of Feb is an unknown this far out. The only somewhat known is that the first few days look mild right now, just as was the start of January. Several ENSO analog Febs actually suggest a chilly to cold month overall.

Last edited:
Even with all this potential extended SER for a couple of weeks, we are going to figure out a way to CAD at least half of those days I’d almost bet. Go ahead and get prepared to see upper 60’s go to upper 40’s the closer we get to verification. Happens every time.

Even with all this potential extended SER for a couple of weeks, we are going to figure out a way to CAD at least half of those days I’d almost bet. Go ahead and get prepared to see upper 60’s go to upper 40’s the closer we get to verification. Happens every time.
Except when it didn’t last December .

Back