• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 19-21, 2020 Winter Storm

That SREF - ARW above is exactly what I'm seeing on local news around here with the RPM stuff. Now wouldn't that be something for a lot of people who feel like they're out? ATL, especially?

Something to keep an eye on. I know one thing for sure, the global modeling won't handle temperatures as well as the short range guidance.
That SREF - ARW above is exactly what I'm seeing on local news around here with the RPM stuff. Now wouldn't that be something for a lot of people who feel like they're out? ATL, especially?

Something to keep an eye on. I know one thing for sure, the global modeling won't handle temperatures as well as the short range guidance.
I’ve been watching for possibility of globals missing the wedge. However NAM wasn’t overly impressive so I’d prty much written this off. Love the look for my area but is SREF a reliable tool ?? I’d love to see Hrrr, RAP and other short rangers show us some love.

Rates can and will overcome. Not surprised at all given one of the warmer winters in memory.
Wondered if the rain we're having right now can cool the soil some before the snow arrives. A quick google showed that "the soil temperature at a depth of 5 cm can decrease by as much as 6.5 ∘C in only 12 min during a soil-cooling rain."
Hope so. Every degree counts. I really didn't like the CLT air temperature over-performing today at 63 degrees.

Nam looking heavier for the triad.
Worse for southern areas.
ref1km_ptype.us_ma.png

Back