• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Feb 26-29 snow showers/clippers

I’m headed up to Sugar Mountain near Boone to ski this weekend. Looks like they’re getting a decent amount of snow today, so the slopes should be nice tomorrow. I hope to see some snow at the condo I’m going to be in tonight, though it’s at a lower elevation, so there probably won’t be as much snow there. :)

Tomorrow looks downright frigid with the wind up there! Wind chills below 0!
Super jealous. We stayed at SugarTop earlier this month and it was great. It was really crowded that Saturday but manageable if you shoot the gap at the bottom and cut in line lol

Word of advise: Get there early to get your skis and lift pass. I spoke to people that arrived around 9:30-10:00 and they had to park out on Tynecastle Hwy, walk to the ski lodge, then wait in an ungodly line to get passes and skis. Many wasted half of their day doing so.

3km NAM grows this cluster of showers over Morganton & Hickory upscale the next few hours into a mini MCS and tracks it just north of Charlotte and into the east-central piedmont later this evening. Will definitely keep a close eye on it, may decide to go after it if it starts looking better on radar in the next hour or so

18z nam throws a quick 2" for Murphy
namconus_asnow_seus_7.png

3km NAM 0-8 hr reflectivity forecast for central NC. Any chance of graupel &/or rain/snow probably comes around 4-6 ish for Charlotte & Greensboro closer to 7-9 for the Triangle area. Noticed it's consistently trying to hone in on a cluster of showers currently near Hickory. Interested to see how this looks in an hr or two.

Webp.net-gifmaker (13).gif

Baileyton TN is getting raked

It’s on a great trajectory for Avery county in NC...Beech and Sugar are about to get raked in a little while

Back