• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 19-20 Possible Front-End Snow/Ice Thump

Where did you get said forecast?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Weather channel. actually I think it gave me a 20% chance at noon then back to virtually zero after that til night. We are damn good at rain though so I should have factored that in and blended the forecast. Shame on me

In Greer on WH @ Lowes, currently heavy graupel or the biggest sleet in recorded history! Crunchy on some wooden steps!! Win
WYFF Radar actually looks pretty good north of 85 right now. Imagine my surprise

If the models are underdone on the precip again later tonight with even more frontogenetical forcing, might actually see a legit burst of snow/sleet around here.
View attachment 15986
View attachment 15987
Wouldn't be surprised. The initial column could wetbulb to a snow sounding and after waa kicks in the warm nose is thin so maybe heavy rates win

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Seems like we're shifting towards rain.... beginning of the end or will frozen precip make a comeback?

Weather channel. actually I think it gave me a 20% chance at noon then back to virtually zero after that til night. We are damn good at rain though so I should have factored that in and blended the forecast. Shame on me
Absolutely 0 local mets had any mention of sleet pellets mixing in or anything! Went straight rain and ice possibly in the mtns! Peoples are like WTH??

Back