• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
WINSTON SALEM NC. I THOUGHT SOMEONE WAS AT MY BACKDOOR EARLIER

Nice light show tonight. Still no rain but I can’t miss this baby!
9fe4ac1b4c15cdcb273db085c742c781.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine most of upstate SC has to wait another 2 months for rain. And we ALL have to wait that long for a major cooldown.

I imagine most of upstate SC has to wait another 2 months for rain. And we ALL have to wait that long for a major cooldown.
I doubt 2 months. My guess is a majority of the upstate will see rain within the next several weeks. It doesn't look good overall, but I don't think it'll be November before even a front comes though the SE.

I doubt 2 months. My guess is a majority of the upstate will see rain within the next several weeks. It doesn't look good overall, but I don't think it'll be November before even a front comes though the SE.
I would not count on it. We went from early Sept until after Thanksgiving in 2001 without no more than a trace of rain over much of this area and I expect it to happen again. The fall of 2016 was not much better. I know all of you remember the big fires in the mountains of Tenn and NC that year. As far getting cooler, I do not see it anytime soon. The 18z GFS says it barely gets below 50 over the next 16 days even in parts of North Dakota. And not below 60 in most of GA. That gets us to Sept 29.

I would not count on it. We went from early Sept until after Thanksgiving in 2001 without no more than a trace of rain over much of this area and I expect it to happen again. The fall of 2016 was not much better. I know all of you remember the big fires in the mountains of Tenn and NC that year. As far getting cooler, I do not see it anytime soon. The 18z GFS says it barely gets below 50 over the next 16 days even in parts of North Dakota. And not below 60 in most of GA. That gets us to Sept 29.
Obviously September is too early to worry about this issue, but as we get deeper into the fall and approach winter, the majority of the country torching is NOT what we want to see. That's how you get 2011-12. Not worried about that now, but if much of the nation is toasting come November, NOT GOOD

Not aimed at myfro but instead to the general readership here:
Zzzzzzzzzzzz….so repetitive..all about the same. And why is there always "battle zone" in about the same place on many of these forecasts. So, which interchangeable eastern snow weenie put this one out? Or is this actually the same one that has been posted many times?
I am so sick of seeing Winter Battle Zone in all these dumb, certain to be wrong winter forecasts. If you don't have the SE warm, you don't even deserve a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back