• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Elevation-Microclimate

Thank you for the feedback. I like the smokies, but theyre out as parkland. Elk Park could be the area. High elevation, guaranteed snow and summer temps in upper 70s. I will look into that!!

Elk Park is a great area for what you want. I lived on Sugar Mountain years ago and know Avery county pretty good. Newland nearby or Roan Mt TN has all the necessities without going to the more congested areas. There is also Elk River Falls nearby. Beautiful falls and good swimming hole in the middle of the summer.

Elk Park is a great area for what you want. I lived on Sugar Mountain years ago and know Avery county pretty good. Newland nearby or Roan Mt TN has all the necessities without going to the more congested areas. There is also Elk River Falls nearby. Beautiful falls and good swimming hole in the middle of the summer.
Im also familiar with your area Ramseur. I go up hwy 22 to the walkway over the river right past the convenient store on the left. Great area to walk or relax.

Back