• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry East Coast Blizzard March 13th/14th

I have 70-80% icing probs from the WPC. Is this the thread I should post in?

GFS slings in moisture for many with temps around 33...think the NC foothills will be high enough in elevation for some mixed bag.

Looks like northern NC might have a quick change over at the tail end

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Looks like northern NC might have a quick change over at the tail end

I saw that too, to me that has a chance of being a quick little hitter....mildly interested

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I saw that too, to me that has a chance of being a quick little hitter....mildly interested

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Same here I'm also interested in Wednesday as the upper low moves overhead that we might get a little instability snow shower action

If this ends up west enough to turn over the coastal big cities to rain during parts of the event I'll laugh my pants off.

9aec39bb574d6a5ebf78e4dc6966b54a.jpg

Per 12Z Euro clown and this is no joke, 21", that's right, 21" of snow in Philadelphia!!!

The euro has been horrible the last 48 hours . It's been all over the place . I don't buy any solution it spits out at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The euro has been horrible the last 48 hours . It's been all over the place . I don't buy any solution it spits out at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"spits" being quite the operative word (2 puns intended) :p

Was waiting for you!

Check out the MOS for this area (High Springs being 10 miles away; then Perry and Mayo being in the "neighborhood") - Holy Yikes!

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/coop/index.shtml?STATE=FL

Prepare yourself for possibly TWO highs (3/15 & 3/16) only in the 50's and a low on 3/16 possibly in the upper 20's. These are very real possibilities. The Euro, which typically isn't cold biased at two meters in these situations, has those highs in the mid to upper 50's. It has your low on 3/16 at 33. I'm confident that's too high. H5 setups like this along with the modeled 850's are almost unheard of in mid-March. I find it hard to believe that you won't break your record low of 32 on 3/16. Moreover, if you get high 20's, you'd be challenging the coldest so late in the season, which is 27 on 3/22! So, if you get to 26, it would be your coldest so late in the season. If you just get to 29, it would be your coldest so late in the season for over 50 years!

Here, the 12Z GFS per MeteoStar has it getting down to 27, which would tie the coldest of this winter, and would be only 1 F warmer than the daily record. If we could get to 25, it would be the coldest so late in the season!

Going to be quite a fun week to watch the thermometer and to walk!

Prepare yourself for possibly TWO highs (3/15 & 3/16) only in the 50's and a low on 3/16 possibly in the upper 20's. These are very real possibilities. The Euro, which typically isn't cold biased at two meters in these situations, has those highs in the mid to upper 50's. It has your low on 3/16 at 33. I'm confident that's too high. H5 setups like this along with the modeled 850's are almost unheard of in mid-March. I find it hard to believe that you won't break your record low of 32 on 3/16. Moreover, if you get high 20's, you'd be challenging the coldest so late in the season, which is 27 on 3/22! So, if you get to 26, it would be your coldest so late in the season. If you just get to 29, it would be your coldest so late in the season for over 50 years!

Here, the 12Z GFS per MeteoStar has it getting down to 27, which would tie the coldest of this winter, and would be only 1 F warmer than the daily record. If we could get to 25, it would be the coldest so late in the season!

Going to be quite a fun week to watch the thermometer and to walk!
It looks to be interesting!
She who keeps me sane and I are headed to Cedar Key for 3 days the next week - I almost wish this would have had a week's deferment!
We'll keep updating!
Look at the Cross City lows, btw!
Best! - Phil

Back