• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

View attachment 95682

If there's a pattern to dislike it's probably this guy. Too cool to be warm too warm to snow.

Well December looks like it's going to start pretty warm right out of the gate. Hopefully the ensembles will flip soon. My fear is this year is going to be last year without the -NAO. Bad pacific with no blocking......??

ecmwf-ens_T850a_us_11.png

Well December looks like it's going to start pretty warm right out of the gate. Hopefully the ensembles will flip soon. My fear is this year is going to be last year without the -NAO. Bad pacific with no blocking......??

ecmwf-ens_T850a_us_11.png
The control goes bonkers just after thisecmwf-ensemble-c00-conus-t2m_f_anom_5day-8964800.png
ecmwf-ensemble-c00-conus-z500_anom_7day-8964800.png

It's going to take a couple days for the models to figure out on what happens after the +EAMT that is supposed to start after Thanksgiving. Euro has it more favorable while the GFS has it less favorable as a -PNA pattern develops per GFS.

well lookie what we have here, a little something to wake up to on a cold frosty morning. it's a way out in fantasy land (probably gone on the next run), although the ridge along the west coast and an Atlantic block is a good look in an overall pattern that has potential
Certainly better than previous runs. Right now, it looks like just another cold chasing moisture setup. However the overall pattern does look promising.

Certainly better than previous runs. Right now, it looks like just another cold chasing moisture setup. However the overall pattern does look promising.
If the cold air that’s chasing the precip is coming out of Siberia and the Arctic and there’s enough resistance to the flow offshore, it can certainly work in a big way

It'll be gone for 12z... I guarantee it.
So will the colder air to be honest. We facing a pretty positive
It'll be gone for 12z... I guarantee it.
so will colder air I. Bet. The , epo strongly positive and models are just now playing catch up to it… first half December looks warmer than average to me could possible even torch at times unfortunately.

So will the colder air to be honest. We facing a pretty positive

so will colder air I. Bet pretty , epo strongly positive and models are just now playing catch up to it… first half December looks warmer than average to me could possible even torch at time unfortunately.
I don’t want a December 2011 redux. :(

Back