• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

December Thread Name

December Thread Name

• December Thread

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Duped December

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Damming December

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • December To Remember

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Deplorable December

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • December Desperado

• December Embers

• Decemburr

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • December Decimation

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Dull December

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

SnowNiner

Reaction score
View attachment 95682

If there's a pattern to dislike it's probably this guy. Too cool to be warm too warm to snow.

Well December looks like it's going to start pretty warm right out of the gate. Hopefully the ensembles will flip soon. My fear is this year is going to be last year without the -NAO. Bad pacific with no blocking......👎🔥

ecmwf-ens_T850a_us_11.png

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well December looks like it's going to start pretty warm right out of the gate. Hopefully the ensembles will flip soon. My fear is this year is going to be last year without the -NAO. Bad pacific with no blocking......👎🔥

ecmwf-ens_T850a_us_11.png
The control goes bonkers just after this ecmwf-ensemble-c00-conus-t2m_f_anom_5day-8964800.png
ecmwf-ensemble-c00-conus-z500_anom_7day-8964800.png

Snowfan

#BRAVESWS
Reaction score
It's going to take a couple days for the models to figure out on what happens after the +EAMT that is supposed to start after Thanksgiving. Euro has it more favorable while the GFS has it less favorable as a -PNA pattern develops per GFS.

Cad Wedge NC

Reaction score
well lookie what we have here, a little something to wake up to on a cold frosty morning. it's a way out in fantasy land (probably gone on the next run), although the ridge along the west coast and an Atlantic block is a good look in an overall pattern that has potential
Certainly better than previous runs. Right now, it looks like just another cold chasing moisture setup. However the overall pattern does look promising.

Webberweather53

Meteorologist
Supporter
Reaction score
Certainly better than previous runs. Right now, it looks like just another cold chasing moisture setup. However the overall pattern does look promising.
If the cold air that’s chasing the precip is coming out of Siberia and the Arctic and there’s enough resistance to the flow offshore, it can certainly work in a big way

Reaction score
It'll be gone for 12z... I guarantee it.
So will the colder air to be honest. We facing a pretty positive
It'll be gone for 12z... I guarantee it.
so will colder air I. Bet. The , epo strongly positive and models are just now playing catch up to it… first half December looks warmer than average to me could possible even torch at times unfortunately.

cd2play

Reaction score
So will the colder air to be honest. We facing a pretty positive

so will colder air I. Bet pretty , epo strongly positive and models are just now playing catch up to it… first half December looks warmer than average to me could possible even torch at time unfortunately.
I don’t want a December 2011 redux. :(

Reaction score
If I remember correctly the southeast saw a decent snow in a warm phase not to long ago. I think it was Georgia and the upstate of SC So it can still happen even in a warmer phase
Also fighting a epo not so favorable either not going help things

ForsythSnow

Staff member
Reaction score
6/20 for N ga is definitely more than I was expecting for that time period. Add 1 if you go 2 more days but then it's so far in fantasy land that it's bound to change. I'd say the time frame is worth watching just being at around day 11 right now but we'll need the components to hold if anyone outside the mountains even wants to see a flake. Could be different by 18Z or tomorrow but the GEFS and end of the 10D EPS seems to be close to something at least regarding cold.
1637778482064.png