• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Control supports the deep trough from the op but the only snow which is light is in TN/AL/Ms which seems to be common on the back side of these deep cold troughs. Most of the ensembles are empty for us. Best signal is to the west for any snow. They might not be picking up on some potential light/convective stuff as the upper trough passes though but I wouldn't bet on it.
Well considering when they are picking up on something, half the guys one here say it’s way too far out to even consider it I would say that it’s too far out to say there won’t be anything as well.

If we were able to get a little more action in the nao region we wouldn't be too far off from the November-December evolution from 2010-11. Think the stronger tpv will cause some issues and we aren't going to be able to block as effectively in the NATL as we did that year but something to watch for its up there in terms of analogs. Certainly need to watch the big D7-10 trough to see if it can help

If we were able to get a little more action in the nao region we wouldn't be too far off from the November-December evolution from 2010-11. Think the stronger tpv will cause some issues and we aren't going to be able to block as effectively in the NATL as we did that year but something to watch for its up there in terms of analogs
Something to watch is if we cutoff something under the SE Canada ridge > wavebreak and -NAO in that fashion

I don't think it's impossible, mega ice storm for someone if we got that look might even try to bend it into the wedge regions
Thing that sucks is, that configuration is so hard to break because your just cutting shortwaves into the NAO region and reloading western troughs from the Aleutian ridge, it’s a look that would make us beg for mercy

Thing that sucks is, that configuration is so hard to break because your just cutting shortwaves into the NAO region and reloading western troughs from the Aleutian ridge, it’s a look that would make us beg for mercy
Luckily not tons of support for this as of right now … 12z will be nice to see

Yeah reminds me of some of the recent winters to be honest. We are probably going to see that look at some point. The good thing is it typically ends cold for us but good grief it's painful

Back