• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

As currently depicted my most models, the wedge would be stronger and temps would be lower in CAD areas. These areas need to hope that the cold air is deep enough for something other than freezing rain.

Oh my
6f365f17d3245dedfba2472723086ad2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What about the far northern upstate? Concerned with ZR as opposed to sleet.

You'd likely be more sleet than zr as shown and some sleet/sn mix. but its too early to figure all that out yet.

I like to use the 12 or even 3KM NAM in regards to temperatures and the globals, like GFS / Euro for precip.

Thank you. I've enjoyed lurking and finally decided to join. Always been fascinated with weather and enjoy all of the analysis on the forum.
Welcome to the board!

Also, as @Stormsfury said, you can look at the dew point / ptype map and clearly see that the Euro is too warm in regards to temperatures. still doesn't go beyond 32F for the midlands for the duration of the event. Take 2-3F from that; which we'd likely see, and you can figure out the mess with that.

Then, you have to factor in cloud cover , because of the wedge. Models always over do temps with a thick cloud deck/wedge scenario to top it all off.

Back