• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

18z gefs through Tuesday
cac1b0de6c8e589334823dc7c6fd5c5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason Simpson of WHNT-19 in Huntsville is biting
CHRISTMAS EVE (SUNDAY): Cold and potentially wintry. Some light snow/wintry mix possible. Accumulations of snow are possible late Sunday night. High: 37. Wind: NW 5-10. Snow/Mix: 40%.

MONDAY: Very cold with some snow flurries. ‘Feels like’ temps in the 20s. High: 36. Wind: N 10-15. Snow: 10%.

TUESDAY: Very cold and dry. A hard freeze likely in the morning. High: 39. Wind: N 5-10.

WEDNESDAY: Frigid. Cold and dry. High: 34. Wind: NW 6-12.

But it’s fired up about later in the week this run . Will look completely different at 00z
849619ca524e55279e21b6a68c5fa218.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-Man,
If that were to closely verify, I'll send you the cooler of exotic imported beer, and an invitation to a special dinner in Cedar Key as well!
Best,
Phil

Okay, I am trying to get my hands on two books by Ludlum, He wrote two volumes of books for Winter weather in the South from the 1600's to 1800's or some range like that. I'll get back to you guys if I get my hands on them.

I know looking at it, he was missing some key stuff during the Civil War. I have personally read some of Sherman's army journals from soldiers that had multiple snow and ice events here in the South, including Columbia that is not documented anywhere I have found.
Excellent books! I also have Mr. Ludlum's Early American hurricanes and tornadoes books. I ordered them through Weatherwise Magazine back in the 80's.

Clearly there is going to be a ratings war with Mets in AL....and all you gotta do is say the "S" word for Christmas. Not a wise move by any of them.

I thought snowcover was the absolute best to reflect heat back out and keep warmth under it in the ground. Are you saying there is a known bias that the GFS is programmed incorrectly with that? Wow, we really need smarter people making our weather modeling.

I don't if this was answered. You're right but Webb is saying the GFS tends to radiate quite a bit too much over snowcover. It essentially overdoes it and it contributes to cold bias in winter. I thought that maybe it was modified to correct this but it doesn't appear so.

The Christmas idea is pretty clearly still there, but it isn't going to be much of anything if the cold press is as much as it seems (which I do doubt fwiw)... Maybe it's some nice snow TV on Christmas for some...which would be nice because it's hard to get snow on Christmas.

However if not, it might be game on for some...I do doubt it though.

Back