• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

Eps is an impressive 7 day cold spell
9a66da5a5f39b5831d218899317b42d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I threw climo out the window after getting 8" of snow in Early December lol. I'm like you though, the older I get the more cold seems to take a toll on me. Although heat does the same. I really just want comfortable temps year round with a dose of snow thrown in occasionally :)
Yeah, yeah, rub it in, lol. So this climo thing can go two ways.....either that's our one and only aberration, or we'll get a string of aberrations. Well, it could go cold against climo, or warm against cilmo...so I guess it can go two ways, but with two forks, lol. So when we get to the cross roads, we'll take it, lol. Meanwhile, this Xmas storm goofy keeps selling.....I don't want to have anything to do with the early sweet spot!!!!T

I hope you're able to score a good sleet storm this winter, Tony.
Bless you, lol. I've been hoping since 05 for some I could sled on, so hope isn't enough, I need timing. I'm pretty sure it won't sleet if the precip goes up over the ridge, and I'm pretty sure it won't sleet if it's below 0, so I'm looking for just right, lol. Thanks for the good wishes. I sure liked that cad event that showed up recently. That would work, if it's strong enough to keep it frozen in the column.

Bless you, lol. I've been hoping since 05 for some I could sled on, so hope isn't enough, I need timing. I'm pretty sure it won't sleet if the precip goes up over the ridge, and I'm pretty sure it won't sleet if it's below 0, so I'm looking for just right, lol. Thanks for the good wishes. I sure liked that cad event that showed up recently. That would work, if it's strong enough to keep it frozen in the column.
Did you get a lot of sleet in the January 2005 storm ?

Did you get a lot of sleet in the January 2005 storm ?
No, it was light zr all night, then came a quick hit of sleet, to save it. Maybe a quarter inch of zr and an eighth of sleet, but it made for some good sledding as it didn't melt. It wasn't enough zr to do damage, but it iced everything up, then some non skid came down on top so you would walk on it. Zr is only good in tandem with sleet, or snow. Get a good zr coat over enough snow, and it can be good, but 3 or more inches of sleet is the best, hands down. You can't kill it like snow. T

Back