• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we're also less dense.

Yep, 6 times less dense overall. Tricky. However, the epicenter of NYC is obviously very dense, itself.

Aside: I'm aware of 1 death in my county though there may be more. That person was in NYC 2 weeks earlier but he came back and passed away here. He was in his 80s. His wife is sick at last report.

Last edited:
The $500 is for children who were under the age of 17 in calendar 2020. But if college age children filed their own tax returns (even if they're claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return), then they get their own $1,200 payment.
So if they didnt they're out of luck, haha I got one happy and one not, we will share. Thanks for the info, kind of what I was thinking

This is an important piece of info regarding the stimulus payments, for people who may have changed addresses since filing their most recent tax return:

If you received a refund in 2018 or 2019 via direct deposit to your bank account, and you did not change your bank account when you moved, you should be able to receive your rebate via direct deposit.

Neil Ferguson revised the UK figures to 50K based on them locking down. Would be interesting to see if he's revised any US counts based on the partial shutdown we've done here. (if he has, I can't find them yet)

So if they didnt they're out of luck, haha I got one happy and one not, we will share. Thanks for the info, kind of what I was thinking

Lol, well if the unhappy one had any kind of earned income in calendar 2019, he/she still has time to file a tax return and qualify for the $1,200.

Lol, well if the unhappy one had any kind of earned income in calendar 2019, he/she still has time to file a tax return and qualify for the $1,200.
She didn't, bet she regrets not listening to her old man now when I kept saying, get a job you bum. To be fair she was a HS senior just did some babysitting and tonight told me "it's fine, I don't deserve a check". Love that kid

Kemp says he reached out to Albany and asked them if they wanted him to help and they supposedly said they wanted to handle it locally? Yea ok

Neil Ferguson revised the UK figures to 50K based on them locking down. Would be interesting to see if he's revised any US counts based on the partial shutdown we've done here. (if he has, I can't find them yet)

Too many studies out there. Heres a new one.

Kemp says he reached out to Albany and asked them if they wanted him to help and they supposedly said they wanted to handle it locally? Yea ok

I believe Albany is already locked down. If they're going to get help in state, I personally think they're going to get it more from asking AUMC (the biggest hospital in my area and one of the biggest in the state) or Emory...which admittedly may be a problem because they have their own patients, but they could possibly try to assist in some ways.

I'd be surprised if they aren't going to need assistance, I was hearing that Phoebe is already overwhelmed over a week ago.

FL update (FWIW)

The graph at the bottom is interesting ...

View attachment 37905

The graph fits the doubling of every 3-4 days or so really 45 to 70, 70 to 150, 150 to 300, 300 to 520......once it steps up youdont see days with less cases than that day ( exception being 3/23)….factor in all the sick but not tested folks and we are still on the wrong side of the "peak" by quite a few weeks I suspect....

Unless the New Scientist article was wrong he said this concerning the UK.

He said that expected increases in National Health Service capacity and ongoing restrictions to people’s movements make him “reasonably confident” the health service can cope when the predicted peak of the epidemic arrives in two or three weeks. UK deaths from the disease are now unlikely to exceed 20,000, he said, and could be much lower.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/articl...or-coronavirus-expert-predicts/#ixzz6HqURWwi3

The graph fits the doubling of every 3-4 days or so really 45 to 70, 70 to 150, 150 to 300, 300 to 520......once it steps up youdont see days with less cases than that day ( exception being 3/23)….factor in all the sick but not tested folks and we are still on the wrong side of the "peak" by quite a few weeks I suspect....
precisely ...

Too many studies out there. Heres a new one.

Isn't the good news looking at it from the standpoint that two weeks ago or so we were supposed to be Italy by this point? Maybe through efforts and medicine, we can keep pushing this time frame back.

Well after listening to the Gov townhall, I feel like it was a total waste of time. Nothing new was said, he dodged the critical questions. He totally contradicted himself on the talk of why He hasn’t ordered a shelter in place for the state. He stated that he is responsible to Gov the whole state and not just the areas with high cases, thus no shelter in place at this time, but he still has that tool in the toolbox if he needs it. He then on the subject of closing schools until April 24th, basically said that after thought and discussions with others he felt it was bad enough to close the schools down. So not bad enough for a 14 day shelter in place, but bad enough to close the schools until April 24th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back