• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But at least I got to live work early. Unsure exactly of cause of power loss but appears significant.

The most ironic aspect of this and Trump is that if he thinks that we stand a chance to be to normal by Easter we would literally have to shut down EVERYTHING as China, Hong Kong, and Singapore did. That won't happen, so really it's all in his head. A pipedream at best. Also, has anyone noticed the presence of the CDC as of late? Very bizarre to say the least.

Summer may slow it down, but until there is a vaccine, it's going to be a recurring event (I fear) ... short of a vaccine, the only other option is to let the virus die ... which means no human hosts ... which means hunker world wide for a good 4 - 6 weeks ... chances of that ... nil ... hope for a valid vaccine by August ...

And treatment. I think that is the immediate goal. If we get an effective treatment that greatly lowers mortality rate it would be a huge win for mankind.

Opinions on this?

Any way we can keep the curve flat and under the point of overwhelming the system is a win win. Bring on the 100s and full sun.

And treatment. I think that is the immediate goal. If we get an effective treatment that greatly lowers mortality rate it would be a huge win for mankind.
That is surely a part of the equation ... but it is also a band aid looking mid-term and beyond ... ?

I know this woman pretty well-our kids go to school together. Sharing a piece of her post because she's trustworthy and it's not second hand information. She just was in NYC during Spring break, so out of everyone around here you would think someone with that exposure would be priority for testing.

I have been informed that I was directly exposed to the virus while in NYC & today I tried several times to get tested. When I went to the hospital (Tennova) tent they have informed patients to go to be tested, there was no one there. I went 3 times.
Then I went to a walk in clinic because they had led others to believe they were testing for it.
I get there and tell them what was going on with me and how I was exposed and that my primary care doctor wanted me to be tested today. They said to register to be seen and that they would test me. After waiting and PAYING $154, they call me to the tent and inform me they didn’t test there. Then I was informed by walk in clinic (with confirmation from hospital) that there wasn’t anywhere in Bradley County you could get tested unless your symptoms were severe enough to be hospitalized. I left after paying WITHOUT EVEN GETTING MY TEMP TAKEN or blood pressure checked. (Don’t worry, I got my money back after a phone call but I shouldn’t have had to pay in the first place because they knew they didn’t have tests.)

I wonder how many are walking around infected and not aware or can’t get tested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s been a lot of china hate but USA is also telling people to not get tested if their symptoms are mild. I’m with Bill Gates and giving China some benefit of the doubt on all this .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back