• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Corona timing is suspicious to me. Election, exposing bad players, central bank change, trade deals, tariffs...Just so many things going on. One thing that is good though is we all, no matter what side we are on politically, age or point in life, we are thinking, talking and using our heads. Not just listening to one story. Not so easily spoon fed without questioning. That's a great thing. There are definitely things we do not know about Corona and many other things past and present. The government does not want us to know (for good or bad) and we know we shouldn't blindly trust because we know money and power is certainly an underlying factor in everything. Keep researching any theories. Nothing should surprise us just look at history or other countries. I have heard too much population control talk by powerful people to not have my radar up. The young, the old, the sick..Nothing should be off the table and everything should be considered. Bad people in the world.

Think Trump and Kudlow are speaking in economic terms. Yes we will take some gut punches. Took a good one yesterday. This virus is serious and will come. However long term we will weather this crisis and come out guns a blazing economically. Dow is up over 150 today so far.
All the flak Trump took taking on China and these trade deals. It caused a lot of business to rethink their supply chains and expossed them to the vulnerability of having all their eggs in one basket, China for cheap labor. Alot of business where already on the way to changing their supply chains in large part because of the tariiff threats/bargening.
Past several administartions along with congress turned a blind eye to this Globalization and chase for cheap labor since the early 90's. Its suicide, heck we haven't made penicillin in America since 2004. Thankfully Trump realized what alot of common sense folks already have and thats how crazy it is to be exporting our jobs and in return importing all the goods we need and use to mfg in this country. It was a recipe for disaster and only benefits a very small handfull of folks who own K street and every politician in DC.

I am sure Trump will get blamed for this as well like everything else. Nothing any President can do about this. You never know who has been where or who they have been around.
I'm not saying Trump can do much to stop it but him saying it won't be that bad is setting himself up for trouble. I don't see how this doesn't become a pandemic and rock the economy for years if it is a natural virus. The only hope it doesn't get out of control might be if it's a weapon and they already have a cure or vaccine. There is no debate that it's too late to shut down travel from Asia, it may have never been a option because of the economic damage being potentially worse than the virus.

Numerous experts on this subject say we are going to see 60-70 percent of the population infected with 2 percent dying. Two percent sounds small until you realize that means 100 million deaths worldwide and near a billion needing ICU.

From what I read, the 7 deaths in Italy were all people who were 80+ and had underlying medical conditions. It seems like it's extremely contagious but serious more for those with compromised immune systems. I wish someone would actually interview some people who have it and recovered to see what they say it's like, what the symptoms are, etc. as that would give us a better picture of what we are dealing with here.

Reading between the lines it seems like what may have happened is China covered up the spread of it for the first few week hoping it wouldn't be that bad. Once it began spreading like crazy they began to lock things down trying to contain it but by that point it was already too late. Based on the reports of the initial whistle-blower and his death, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this was a bio-terror weapon that escaped containment accidentally and now China is doing all they can to save face.

One thing to keep in mind is you can't truly trust any government, even ours, to give an accurate picture of it. I mean look at some of the stuff the US government has done to citizens without their knowledge and then covered up, like project BLUEBIRD and giving 7k people LSD without their consent. If this is truly something that is not only extremely contagious but also very deadly, moreso than reports indicate, you better believe the governments of the world including ours will do all they can to hide it to prevent mass panic. FWIW there is a Christian group in China that I follow on FB and they sent out an update a few weeks back about it. They said it's far worse than reported by the state media and unlike anything they've ever seen before.

The CDC issued a Travel Warning for South Korea yesterday, recommending that "travelers avoid all nonessential travel to South Korea":

From what I read, the 7 deaths in Italy were all people who were 80+ and had underlying medical conditions. It seems like it's extremely contagious but serious more for those with compromised immune systems. I wish someone would actually interview some people who have it and recovered to see what they say it's like, what the symptoms are, etc. as that would give us a better picture of what we are dealing with here.

Reading between the lines it seems like what may have happened is China covered up the spread of it for the first few week hoping it wouldn't be that bad. Once it began spreading like crazy they began to lock things down trying to contain it but by that point it was already too late. Based on the reports of the initial whistle-blower and his death, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this was a bio-terror weapon that escaped containment accidentally and now China is doing all they can to save face.

One thing to keep in mind is you can't truly trust any government, even ours, to give an accurate picture of it. I mean look at some of the stuff the US government has done to citizens without their knowledge and then covered up, like project BLUEBIRD and giving 7k people LSD without their consent. If this is truly something that is not only extremely contagious but also very deadly, moreso than reports indicate, you better believe the governments of the world including ours will do all they can to hide it to prevent mass panic. FWIW there is a Christian group in China that I follow on FB and they sent out an update a few weeks back about it. They said it's far worse than reported by the state media and unlike anything they've ever seen before.
I think you may be right about the possibility of it being a weapon that got out. If so there is no way to know how bad this is.

I'm taking this virus seriously. For the first time in ten years I will be planting a large variety of vegetables instead of my my usual acres of heirloom tomatoes. My goal is to feed my family and as many friends as possible if needed. I feel for the millions of people that live in cities.

I think you may be right about the possibility of it being a weapon that got out. If so there is no way to know how bad this is.

I think the scariest thing overall about something like this is the tendency of governments to suppress information, especially if it were to be something that could induce mass panic. For all we know it could be circulating throughout the US right now far more than reported and we wouldn't have a clue since the only thing we have to go off of is what the government tells the news media. I wonder for example why the news media isn't getting interviews with these people after they recover? One article mentions how we aren't getting updates on the various patients except the one who recovered, "The US now has 53 confirmed cases of the coronavirus, including 19 new patients diagnosed over the weekend. With the exception of Patient #1 in Seattle (who was treated successfully and released), there has been no update on the other American cases."

Again ask yourself, why no update on the other American cases? With the frenzy in the news media to get the latest scoop you would think out of 53 cases the journalists would be interviewing or getting info on some of the other people involved but they aren't. Here's a good summary article below that lists some of the various recent updates.

Here’s some stats (probably lots of unconfirmed stuff) but notice the death rate is higher in Wuhan, sure there’s much more infected there, but that’s fishy, what’s going on in/around Wuhan, I know the strain is really bad over there, hmmmm. And see this is why I’m not worried about it’s death rate, but more so it’s ability to spread quick and cause economic issues/cause strain to the medical system, basically like a disease X, it’s the perfect pathogen to do that34623BE7-EC49-405B-9801-8AC4D432AD4C.png015005B2-85AB-4B3D-A7EA-A11B6561C462.png25D8E585-D86C-49F9-BAFC-66CFCD75F9E8.png7B72A746-CA4B-4DA5-A5E5-6B9C4A07D8E2.png

Attachments

• FBD036E6-E81F-4B45-A5C0-A0653E87B17B.png
    FBD036E6-E81F-4B45-A5C0-A0653E87B17B.png
    282.7 KB · Views: 8
I really feel for the poor citizens of Wuhan - confined to an illness-ravaged city, with food gradually running out...

Again ask yourself, why no update on the other American cases? With the frenzy in the news media to get the latest scoop you would think out of 53 cases the journalists would be interviewing or getting info on some of the other people involved but they aren't. Here's a good summary article below that lists some of the various recent updates
.SNOWLOVER91

Main stream media is to busy promoting Russia, Ukraine conchocted coupes to actually do a journalist investigation,research,follow up etc.

Here’s some stats (probably lots of unconfirmed stuff) but notice the death rate is higher in Wuhan, sure there’s much more infected there, but that’s fishy, what’s going on in/around Wuhan, I know the strain is really bad over there, hmmmm. And see this is why I’m not worried about it’s death rate, but more so it’s ability to spread quick and cause economic issues/cause strain to the medical system, basically like a disease X, it’s the perfect pathogen to do thatView attachment 36350View attachment 36351View attachment 36353View attachment 36354
Two potential reasons could be it's worse than they are reporting in other cities or it's not hard to handle if the system isn't overrun. It could be very treatable or very deadly depending on if you get medical treatment.

Two potential reasons could be it's worse than they are reporting in other cities or it's not hard to handle if the system isn't overrun. It could be very treatable or very deadly depending on if you get medical treatment.

Yeah, I would imagine for the people that are not treated, since people have no immunity to this virus, if it ain’t treated the chances of pneumonia/cytokine storm is heightened significantly, altho some could possibly brush it off like a cold, interesting virus

Trump and Kudlow say it's no big deal. The stock market looks great!

Maybe it's ignorance on their part, maybe it's playing with politics, maybe it's not as bad as many think or maybe their just trying to not create panic. Let's face it, whatever he says will be praised by some and ridiculed by others, no matter how right or wrong his words. At least for now maybe the prudent approach is to carry on in public as if this isn't a big deal and be prepared otherwise behind the scenes. I mean can you imagine the absolute chaos that would ensue if he actually came out and stated it was much worse than feared, it's in the US, we need to take action now? You've seen the run on grocery stores for a 2" snowfall forecast right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back