• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japan learned a lot from SARS and other outbreaks.
Yea, and they reeeeally don't want to cancel the Olympics. I imagine that provided extra motivation to be vigilant in containing this.

Unfortunately, I think the worldwide spread will have more impact on the Olympics than within Japan. I think the games are done. They are just holding out hope this calms down by July or isn't as bad as expected.

Good news - I was expecting a nightmare crunch from clients who were going to wait till the last minute to come into my office to file right before the 15th.

States need to immediately follow suit otherwise this is still a pita..

Good news - I was expecting a nightmare crunch from clients who were going to wait till the last minute to come into my office to file right before the 15th.

Well, I guess the nightmare will be in July, now. :p j/k.....maybe

I wish they would just put us all on lockdown. Why wait the wait?
The longer they wait, the worse it's going to get. I think they're waiting on the stimulus to get through congress so people have reassurance when they shut it all down. Yes it'll take time to get it to everyone but if they know it's coming then people won't worry as much if they're missing work.

Under our federalist system, the only thing a POTUS could do is restrict movement between states (much as foreign travel to/from the US is being restricted), but restricting movement within states is entirely up to state and/or local governments

Its not an easy thing to do. Putting lockdown restrictions in place is one thing. Enforcing it is another thing all together. The States and the fed really are doing a fantastic job. Is everybody listening? Obviously not....and yes its frustrating. You have to do this in increments

I sent a communication to the Gov of GA this morning stating he should close the state down. It's only 1 voice but they add up. We don't even have restaurants closed SMH. The message here is very inconsistent and that leads people to just go about their normal business as if nothing is happening.

Its not an easy thing to do. Putting lockdown restrictions in place is one thing. Enforcing it is another thing all together. The States and the fed really are doing a fantastic job. Is everybody listening? Obviously not....and yes its frustrating. You have to do this in increments
Agreed.... and although they still aren't stating it is coming, seeing the Sec of State and Acting Sec of Homeland Security at the podium today makes you wonder if it's being seriously considered and getting closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back