• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading this. Means no buying anything from China! Buy American and put Americans back to work
You do realize if American companies decide not to buy from China they are just going to go to another SE Asian country or Mexico right? Additionally many Chinese companies have already built or are building factories in other SE Asian counties to export to the US to avoid the tariff. You already have a wink wink hush hush loophole established

Government...the very top. You can't look at what's happening, have two month's lead, and then be all like, "Whoopsie daisy! I guess we're actually gonna have to do a little testing here. Anybody got any kits, yo?"

My issue is. Unless this virus goes away naturally. If people that needs tested isn’t tested. Then people are spreading this virus and it could be a while before we get rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“To any multinational corporations that come to Congress asking for taxpayer $$$, you better come prepared to explain how you will move supply chains and jobs back to America if you want my vote,”

Globalism is dead and should have never gotten started in the first place.

Our job is to look after our own first.

Last edited:
Considering China is a big powerful country. How could anyone make China pay a heavy price? War? Ok war is doubtful
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one is talking about war. ?
Actions like severe OFAC sanctions, stripping Beijing's government (and high government officials) of sovereign immunity in US legal proceedings and seizure of their monetary and property assets within the US are among the tools that can be employed. The sovereign immunity aspect may be especially important, because there is going to be a tidal wave of civil lawsuits against the Chinese government seeking damages for causing this disaster.

Government...the very top. You can't look at what's happening, have two month's lead, and then be all like, "Whoopsie daisy! I guess we're actually gonna have to do a little testing here. Anybody got any kits, yo?"
Alright gotcha. (No more questions from council)

I think you're partly right and wrong, but I want to hold off on the subject for now until I've reflected on it further. As Yoda would say, meditate on this I must.

You can do hundreds of thousands of test. Thats great and all. Are the people who test positive but "dont feel bad" going to stay inside and away? Just about everybody is going to be touched by it or close to it in some form. Im not against testing but the attention being paid to it is hard for me to grasp. The symptoms of this are clear. If you start having symptoms stay the hell away from people and THEN go get a test. These positive test numbers that keep popping up and growing are great for data crunchers im sure. They also do a wonderful job of adding to the hysteria that is already beyond reason.

You can do hundreds of thousands of test. Thats great and all. Are the people who test positive but "dont feel bad" going to stay inside and away? Just about everybody is going to be touched by it or close to it in some form. Im not against testing but the attention being paid to it is hard for me to grasp. The symptoms of this are clear. If you start having symptoms stay the hell away from people and THEN go get a test. These positive test numbers that keep popping up and growing are great for data crunchers im sure. They also do a wonderful job of adding to the hysteria that is already beyond reason.

You can be asymptomatic and still spread the virus.......you can never get symptoms at all but still spread the virus.....by the time you start having symptoms you have already given it to several people probably.

You can be asymptomatic and still spread the virus.......you can never get symptoms at all but still spread the virus.....by the time you start having symptoms you have already given it to several people probably.
Understood but unless you are living under a rock or dont have a functioning brain, a person should at the very least understand the basics of interaction with others so as not to spread this. Its obvious that the millennials generation doesnt understand this but for the rest of us we atleast have some basic common sense to do the smart thing. As for the testing, why are some people continuing to babble about this? I have a very hard time believing that our hiccups or failures (if thats what one chooses to call it) with this testing would have yielded a different outcome.

This coronavirus has ruined so much for me. Make sure to check on your friends & family because this has took a toll on me emotionally and mentally :(
Hope you’re ok, man. Everyone is gonna get through this, but it is gonna be different. Reach out to people if you need support. You’re not alone. This sucks, that’s a real and fair feeling.

If those numbers about only 1 in 10 show symptoms are correct you will never stop it unless you have hundreds of millions of tests where you can test everyone in every city or close to it.

If those numbers about only 1 in 10 show symptoms, you will never stop it unless you have hundreds of millions of tests where you can test everyone in every city or close to it.

Agree, we should have had a plan to try and do just that, instead we struggle to test just the sick to confirm, my wife works at a doctors office they have zero test, they were told last Friday by the CDC they would be getting 3 test this week, still have not seen any.

The social distancing will help some but until we can accurately and reliably identify those that carry the virus and get them quarantined it will continue to spread.

Hope you’re ok, man. Everyone is gonna get through this, but it is gonna be different. Reach out to people if you need support. You’re not alone. This sucks, that’s a real and fair feeling.
I’m glad you think it’s a fair feeling. My own d*** family just keeps telling me that people have it worse, so basically what I’m going through is not valid, but whatever I guess. It sucks so bad I finally got my life going in a really positive direction just for it to crash & burn. Waves of hopelessness and anxiety attacks, tired of this s***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back