• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the wrong way to look at it though, we need to know who has it as much as we can to isolate these people, those people infected without symptoms are out spreading it to others and never knowing it, these are the people that are fueling the pandemic.
Oh I absolutely agree, I’m just thinking that may be some people’s thinking.

So, I don't have any sources but from what I heard on the radio the City of Philadelphia is not going to arrest or incarcerate people who are accused of robbery, looting, or pretty much any crime that isn't "endangering" other people. If that's true then those are some scary protocols being put into place. Crime is about to get out of control.

The thing that concerns me most is that the Health Department told us that so long as the child was asymptomatic that there is no concern. That flies in the face of everything I have read about COVID-19. In fact, they really did not want us to notify our parents/staff. I'm not making this up. Now, ask yourself this question: how many childcare centers have received the same advice? The advice came from a nurse with the HD attached to the COVID-19 NC hotline.

This proves to me that my original idea, that they don't care if the virus spreads and that the lack of testing was not because of being inept but instead because they didn't want to, is correct.

Forgive my ignorance, but I haven't been able to find a clear answer. I assume the check would cover people who are working. I am on Social Security and not working for now. I have assumed the xmcheck would cover workers only since jobs might be lost or hours reduced. Anybody know? Thanks!

There's nothing certain yet; the House & Senate are trying to compromise on several competing proposals. The last I saw, they may have a final plan ready to vote on by late this weekend or early next week.

In the meantime, I just saw this on a friend's FB page ??

school spanking.png

This proves to me that my original idea, that they don't care if the virus spreads and that the lack of testing was not because of being inept but instead because they didn't want to, is correct.

But why, the end result is a situation far worse than testing and finding a lot of cases....either way the pooch was screwed and screwed well.....I just hope a lot of people don't pay for it.

I can't find the article now, but I read not too long ago Caronavirus could last up to the next 18 months and continue in multiple waves. This is supposedly the worst case scenario.

EDIT: Found it.

But why, the end result is a situation far worse than testing and finding a lot of cases....either way the pooch was screwed and screwed well.....I just hope a lot of people don't pay for it.
I don't know if I would go so far as to say that they actively want the sickness to actually spread so things will get so bad that the economy crashes and they can reset things (although it's amazing how closely intent and ignorance often track with each other), but I believe at the very least, they don't want to know the real numbers because they think it will somehow not seem so bad if we just don't know through gross underreporting. Maybe it's an economic or a panic thing. But whatever the reason, I think it's much more intentional than being a loveable, dumb uncle who can't remember where his fishing pole is.

Utterly appalling. The Chinese government needs to pay a heavy price after this crisis has passed...

1584571812268.png

Utterly appalling. The Chinese government needs to pay a heavy price after this crisis has passed...

View attachment 37354

Considering China is a big powerful country. How could anyone make China pay a heavy price? War? Ok war is doubtful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering China is a big powerful country. How could anyone make China pay a heavy price? War? Ok war is doubtful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We could stop buying their goods but that's about it. Maybe we could cancel our Debt to them but I don't think that it's that simple so basically nothing.

I don't know if I would go so far as to say that they actively want the sickness to actually spread so things will get so bad that the economy crashes and they can reset things (although it's amazing how closely intent and ignorance often track with each other), but I believe at the very least, they don't want to know the real numbers because they think it will somehow not seem so bad if we just don't know through gross underreporting. Maybe it's an economic or a panic thing. But whatever the reason, I think it's much more intentional than being a loveable, dumb uncle who can't remember where his fishing pole is.

Wow, you went there didn't you. :D?️‍♀️

My biggest pushback is what about the medical curve? I would think the main goal is not to overwhelm our medical systems. Intentionally not testing would almost certainly do that as the # of people rises very quickly in a very short amount of time. Unless they thought there are many more people that are asymphomatic that wouldn't need hospitalization, and that the CFR was not as serious. Or maybe this is an example of gov agencies not communicating with each other?

Can you clarify by 'they' do you mean specific gov agencies, or from the very top?

One of my coworkers was in close contact with someone who they believe have it. It was about 6 days ago but they didn’t have any symptoms at the time. He found out today and he left work and was put in isolation. The Alabama Dept of Public Health said those of us in contact with him do not have to isolate at this time. As of around noon he showed no symptoms. He may have to get tested if his contact’s test comes back positive.

View attachment 37354
I have been reading this. Means no buying anything from China! Buy American and put Americans back to work

Wow, you went there didn't you. :D?️‍♀️

My biggest pushback is what about the medical curve? I would think the main goal is not to overwhelm our medical systems. Intentionally not testing would almost certainly do that as the # of people rises very quickly in a very short amount of time. Unless they thought there are many more people that are asymphomatic that wouldn't need hospitalization, and that the CFR was not as serious. Or maybe this is an example of gov agencies not communicating with each other?

Can you clarify by 'they' do you mean specific gov agencies, or from the very top?
Government...the very top. You can't look at what's happening, have two month's lead, and then be all like, "Whoopsie daisy! I guess we're actually gonna have to do a little testing here. Anybody got any kits, yo?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back