• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s also fair to note that most elderly people have some sort of comorbidities, even if they’re mild. And we already knew the vast majority of the death toll was among the elderly.

I feel that is where the fight with this thing ends. I’ve read Britain is forcing the seniors and those with conditions to isolate and looking at the numbers Germany is doing to same. According to the data in that article, the chance of a healthy 19-50 year old dying is statistically zero and probably just a small bump for the 60’s crowd. Yet the rate for a unhealthy 80 year old may be 60-80%!

This whole job thing is starting to turn into an anxiety fest. I can't really train anymore as a trainer and my future at the restaurant I work at looks uncertain with few hours this week and zero-hours next week with the same 4 people working all week.

No sports, no jobs, criminals being released out of jail.... Crime is about to soar to levels we havent seen in quite sometime.
And people wonder why ammo is out of stock..... everywhere

Omg ya'll- I feel like an 8 year old I'm so excited... Kona Ice is rolling out the trucks and will be in my subdivision tomorrow! They do a lot around here with the schools, rec sports so I know they are going to be hurting. Now I just need food trucks to start making rounds even if it's just once a week.

When do the neighborhood beer deliveries start? ???

Does anyone think schools in NC and others will be kept closed past two weeks?
Just speculation on my part, but considering they are starting to open up some schools as childcare centers, with a priority given to those parents that are first responders.... I'd say the closure will last much longer than 2 weeks.

Well I am 69, have heart disease, high blood pressure, had a bout with cancer several years ago but also own a retail business and have to be here everyday or I don't eat. Basically if I get it (according to my daughter) I am a goner but if that happens there is not much I can do about it, it is in
God's hands

I think the chances of going back in two weeks is less than cancellation of the whole year.
Keep in mind the UNC System has also sent all students home for the year, told them to pack up.... this is probably a good indication of what the Public School system will do. I just hope for the parents sake they give them advance notice so they can prepare

Well I am 69, have heart disease, high blood pressure, had a bout with cancer several years ago but also own a retail business and have to be here everyday or I don't eat. Basically if I get it (according to my daughter) I am a goner but if that happens there is not much I can do about it, it is in
God's hands
My oldest daughter texted her mema (my mom) the other day to try to talk some sense into them (my mom and dad kept going out without concerns) but my mom (77) tells her, "we will be fine, you can't hide from sickness but thanks." This is why we have to protect you old people, you're stubborn.... God love ya

God's hands
Prayers for your health

God's hands

You are in the group that DC needs to get their butts in gear with that money and support much more than anyone else.

Keep in mind the UNC System has also sent all students home for the year, told them to pack up.... this is probably a good indication of what the Public School system will do. I just hope for the parents sake they give them advance notice so they can prepare

Luckily I’m retired. I’m home with the kids. The wife is working. She’s a rural mail carrier.

I don’t know if this is allowed, but if not, mods feel free to delete.

As most of you know, I’m in the high risk category since I have chronic lymphocytic leukemia and have had my spleen removed. If you folks wouldn’t mind taking a look at this and signing if you want to. No pressure to do so, just putting it out there.

USPS Must Ensure Rights and Safety for Employees and Customers During COVID-19 Pandemic | Coworker.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back