• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beijing began testing meat, seafood and fresh produce for the coronavirus last week and some ports were opening all containers of meat to carry out coronavirus tests.

On Friday, customs asked food exporters to sign a declaration that their produce is not contaminated by the virus.

Person I was exposed to went to the ER today with breathing issues, she improved some while there and they sent her back home. This person has a ton of underlying health issues and has had symptoms for 14 days now.

California sees most confirmed cases in a single day with 5,528. This beats the previous high of 3,363 by 1,165. California is second today in deaths at 47, which is behind New York at 53.

Reactions: shs
Herd immunity is complete debunked bs go ask Iran how that worked for them

Herd immunity definitely works, it works every year with the flu and protects millions unvaccinated...but in order for it to work with a novel Coronavirus we’re going to need a functional vaccine and mass immunizations. So yeah....

Remember folks,... this was never about avoiding the virus. It was about slowly building herd immunity. You can't do that unless people get the virus. Just protect the elderly and don't over-run the hospitals.

You can do that through vaccination. Herd immunity through normal virus exposure will take years. They say sometimes neutralizing antibodies aren’t even generated at a significant level and antibody protection could only last a few months. That’s not worth killing millions. Vaccine is literally the only way.

California sees most confirmed cases in a single day with 5,528. This beats the previous high of 3,363 by 1,165. California is second today in deaths at 47, which is behind New York at 53.
Dang.

"It was like an aggressive tiger in March and April, but now it's like a wild cat. Even elderly patients, aged 80 or 90, are now sitting up in bed, and they are breathing without help. The same patients would have died in two or three days before," Bassetti said.

I agree it shouldn't, but as bad as the economy already is, we STILL have people saying we're selfish and risking lives by opening; which makes me wonder, just how far are they willing to tank the economy in order to save lives.
The economy really isn’t that bad right now, re opening needed to happen. We couldn’t stay locked for months and months without killing the country completely. A complete crash of the economy would hurt more people then this virus in the long run. I think we will just ride it out until we get a vaccine now. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back