• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus. I just can't get over how a healthcare worker caught the virus cause she just had to go out and party with friends. Be an adult. I go to a bar with a mixed group from 21 to 70. Everybody is keeping their distance. Just be responsible. Since even a healthcare professional in Florida couldn't keep safe, shut down the bars. I'll drink at home. Like this really pisses me off. There's no reason anyone should have caught covid-19 given all the warning signs. If you see a crowd of people, move to a different part of the bar. Even during the monsoon season in India, viruses spread cause people tend to huddle together in shelters. Like we know how it spreads. Stranger danger. Also may have something to do with Vitamin D. We live in a temperate climate. There's no reason you should be contracting this disease unless your the experimental hamster trapped in a cage with a covid hamster.

This is an excellent metric to use. Check out how as the pandemic has went on, the Hospital/ICU ratio has dropped tremendously as has the vent use.

Attachments

• C770BB01-C5F7-4B42-B67F-A4371C8EAAE6.jpeg
    C770BB01-C5F7-4B42-B67F-A4371C8EAAE6.jpeg
    381.5 KB · Views: 20
No. We needed to reopen. I'd rather f-ing die than live in a world where we shut down for an entire year. People were so pent up with rage that they burned down a police station in Minneapolis. All it took was a single catalyst. This what I've been warning everybody about. The economy matters. If you don't think so, you're defunct. All the signs are pointing to chaos. This nonsense about not reopening is hurting this country. We don't need a shotgun approach to managing infections. We just need to be smart. Just shut down bars. We'll keep improving as we move forward. We need solutions.

Is she an economy expert? Does she really grasp the economical aspect that could increase the spread of Covid-19? Cause everyone knows a struggling economy or impoverished middle class will spread the virus and exacerbate the severity.

There's got to be a balance, unless you want to be those Nazis Fs in China. Balance. Anything else is just extremism. What people need to do is be more responsible. Stop going to bars. In fact, Close bars. We'll try the bar experiment next June. The spread of Covid-19 right now seems to be directly related to 18-29 year-olds that drink. We got another another 3 months of summer to experiment.

If accurate, Arizona had only one person admitted to the hospital for Covid yesterday which continued the slide despite the rapidly increasing positive cases.

It’s like nation has been hit by this pandemic backwards. First it hit nursing homes, then the susceptible and then the young and healthy instead of the other way around.

Last edited:
(CNN)Children and teenagers are estimated to be about half as likely to get infected by the coronavirus than those aged 20 or over, according to research published Tuesday.

The modeling study, carried out by epidemiologists at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and published in the journal Nature Medicine, used transmission models to estimate disease susceptibility and the relation of age to cases.
Researchers estimate that clinical symptoms of Covid-19 manifest in around 21% of those aged between 10 and 19. This estimate rises to around 69% in people aged 70 or over.

"Using a mathematical model the authors show that even under the most pessimistic assumption that young people are fully infectious then school closures could still have substantially less impact on the epidemic than they would for influenza-like infections,"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/heal..._term=link&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_medium=social

(CNN)Children and teenagers are estimated to be about half as likely to get infected by the coronavirus than those aged 20 or over, according to research published Tuesday.

The modeling study, carried out by epidemiologists at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and published in the journal Nature Medicine, used transmission models to estimate disease susceptibility and the relation of age to cases.
Researchers estimate that clinical symptoms of Covid-19 manifest in around 21% of those aged between 10 and 19. This estimate rises to around 69% in people aged 70 or over.

"Using a mathematical model the authors show that even under the most pessimistic assumption that young people are fully infectious then school closures could still have substantially less impact on the epidemic than they would for influenza-like infections,"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/health/children-teenagers-half-covid-study-19-intl-scli/index.html?utm_content=2020-06-16T18:15:06&utm_term=link&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_medium=social

CNN again. Children and teenagers are carriers. They are currently headed to camp per my nephews and GF's nephews and nieces' parents. They will bring it home to their parents, who are barred from my apartment. But they can hang out in the pool cause of the chlorine. Plenty of opportunity for mutations and shifts to occur during the summer. Camps. Another thing that should be cancelled based on scientific concern. Hopefully, the new strain out of Delhi doesn't make it over to the States.

I'm not trolling at here and only want to see both sides of the story. Can one of you guys advocating to shut down until a vaccine available give me your ideas for keeping people fed and housed? I mean a realistic way; not just the government will take care of it.
We can not shut down again. The hit to the supply line and the family cash flow is devastating. The people can choose to stay home and some will. As individuals everybody has to make personal decisions based on where their vulnerability is and protect themselves accordingly. The time has come to face this down and move on.

Attachments

• 55B961D7-074B-4F11-9D9C-C06305D67FE1.jpeg
    55B961D7-074B-4F11-9D9C-C06305D67FE1.jpeg
    466.9 KB · Views: 21
I'm not trolling at here and only want to see both sides of the story. Can one of you guys advocating to shut down until a vaccine available give me your ideas for keeping people fed and housed? I mean a realistic way; not just the government will take care of it.

As someone who was in favor of the lockdowns, I don't think total lockdowns are coming back nor should they. It seems like Covid spreads easily when people are having extended interactions inside, at close range. So, people should wear masks, but they also need to avoid lengthy conversations in indoor public spaces. Health initiatives/education should be focused on that. Unfortunately, this hurts most restaurants and indoor entertainment venues, but honestly those industries are in deep trouble no matter what.

For any region that gets hit with major, NYC-level outbreaks in the future, weekend shutdowns may be the way to go. India is trying this, and some Native American reservations are doing it too. I like this better than the "two weeks shutdown, two weeks open" idea that seems to combine the worst of both worlds.

I don't think we can stay shut down, and I don't think we can pretend things will go back to normal if we ignore the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back