• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also read where this can cause long-lasting or even permanent damage to organs. Not sure if that applies only to severe cases, but I assume so.

It sounds scary but I do think it’s in relation to severe cases. I’ve seen that stuff floating around and if you think about it, the body relies on homeostasis. Once that’s disrupted severely you have all kinds of things going on. If you’re feverish for a month straight, you got to think organ systems are suffering. HR at a constant 100+ is terrible, could get afib after all is said and done. Dehydration for a month takes its toll on the kidney. Not to mention long term hospitalization, some people with ARDS are never the same, even if they “recover”..long lasting lung issues, as well as possible strokes or TIAs when under, leads to possible brain damage or long term paralysis of limbs. It’s just bad.

But it also falls under the umbrella of pre-existing conditions, for example the leg amputation of the famous broadway star, he was on blood thinners as DVT prophylaxis before he was hospitalized with CV. They had to pull the blood thinners due to internal bleeding and save his life but as a result, severe clots in his leg formed, leading to amputation. It wasn’t the virus itself that caused the leg amputation, but the preexisting condition worsening his outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had sinus issues for about 4 weeks now. I never get allergies, but my nose is all stuffy and my throat is raw. Then it gets better for a day or two and comes back. I have felt feverish about 3 or 4 times, usually at night. But I haven't had a fever. No real fatigue or bad aches or anything, though.

My son, who does have some allergy issues has also had a long lasting stuffy nose, in addition to his regular, usual allergy symptoms.

We have been isolated 5 weeks this past Friday, with only me going to the store 3 times since, wearing a mask and thoroughly disinfecting everything.

Who knows.

My oldest (14) has has a moderate cold sinus/cough for a month now that he can't shake. We blame allergies but he's never been this sick for this long, he feels fine otherwise, eats fine, energy is good. He hasn't been anywhere for month. Rest of the family is fine, no symptoms (knock on wood). We were in Atlanta for a sporting event in mid-March and he was sick shortly after.

There is nothing better than opening right back up (my prayer) but can we afford another elongated shutdown? It's a question to seriously consider ...
I agree. People here have been ignorant up until the last week but I fear that they'll try and go right back to normal immediately. If people don't continue practicing what they have been we'll be back where we were a week ago in a week or 2.

If you believe the IHME model, Georgia is 13 days past peak.

View attachment 39946
I don’t know what to believe, that model is changing all the time. Georgia is near the bottom in testing, I still say we don’t know how bad it is here. There are still way to many stories out there that people are still saying their being told they don’t meet the requirement or there isn’t enough tests to test them. I like what he said about increasing testing but I’m sorry I feel he’s only doing the minimum to meet the presidents guidelines to reopen.

I agree. People here have been ignorant up until the last week but I fear that they'll try and go right back to normal immediately. If people don't continue practicing what they have been we'll be back where we were a week ago in a week or 2.

It's a reverse of "is the cure worse than the problem"......we are gonna find out if reopening and causing a much bigger outbreak is a worse cure than dealing with the lockdowns for 3 to 4 more weeks.

There is nothing better than opening right back up (my prayer) but can we afford another elongated shutdown? It's a question to seriously consider ...

Well got to start and see how it goes I guess. Got to open up eventually and next week sounds good to me. Phase 1 at least.

Kemp is reopening all these things and has mentioned social distancing, what is the allowable capacity of these establishments? Under the presidents guidelines wasn’t phase 1 way under 50? How you going to reopen a theatre with 50 per theatre room?

Well got to start and see how it goes I guess. Got to open up eventually and next week sounds good to me. Phase 1 at least.

except the distinct impression is that a movement exists to go from Phase 0 straight to Phase 4 and skip 1, 2 and 3 ... :confused:

I don’t know what to believe, that model is changing all the time. Georgia is near the bottom in testing, I still say we don’t know how bad it is here. There are still way to many stories out there that people are still saying their being told they don’t meet the requirement or there isn’t enough tests to test them. I like what he said about increasing testing but I’m sorry I feel he’s only doing the minimum to meet the presidents guidelines to reopen.

That's why I posted their graph for deaths instead of cases; it's a metric that's less subject to distortion due to testing shortfalls.

Kemp is reopening all these things and has mentioned social distancing, what is the allowable capacity of these establishments? Under the presidents guidelines wasn’t phase 1 way under 50? How you going to reopen a theatre with 50 per theatre room?

The state is going to issue guidelines that'll govern the operation of those establishments.

1587415428047.png

It's a reverse of "is the cure worse than the problem"......we are gonna find out if reopening and causing a much bigger outbreak is a worse cure than dealing with the lockdowns for 3 to 4 more weeks.
At least we know what to expect when the next one comes. And everyone that hoarded toilet paper will still have plenty.

I do like what they said about trips to the hospital with symptoms is declining. The scary thing is it seems the hospitalization number is continuing to climb. Like he said with increased testing numbers will go up and I totally get there are a lot of cases that are mild. The scariest thing to me is the unknown with this virus, with it being new and so unpredictable you just don’t know. It’s a D if you do and D if you don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back