• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we shall see, the thing we don't want to see is making this all for nothing. If they relax these restrictions to soon and we see a big spike in cases and people needing ICU beds etc then two things happen, thousands die needlessly and we see a return to the same level or even higher levels of shutdowns. Its a tough call to make and a tough place for the decision makers to be, I don't envy them at all.
I think our best hope is to do like South Korea and test everyone over and over again. Root it out and trace spread early. That would keep things moving but with the election coming we'll all be too busy slinging mud to get properly ready.

Until there is a vaccine large events like concerts,sports and amusement parks are not happening. Same goes for schools and eating at restaurants. We are just barely past 1 percent of the population infected. This will continue for a long while
Oh please. There will be NFL and College Football in the fall. And i plan on going to Disney in August.

This sucks for people like me who are losing out on weeks of work because of the virus and are still claimed as dependent but have bills to pay. I might be fine not receiving it, but for those who are claimed as dependent in some way but have to pay their bills and such, it makes it even harder. Think about the other college students who are claimed as dependent and have to pay their bills, but are out of a job because of this.
I know several who are getting room and board reimbursement. Of course if you commute or live off campus, that want affect you.

I think our best hope is to do like South Korea and test everyone over and over again. Root it out and trace spread early. That would keep things moving but with the election coming we'll all be too busy slinging mud to get properly ready.
The reality is that South Korea has only tested <1% of their population, though, IIRC.

Simple question out of curiosity. Are all of you willing to blindly take a vaccine for this without a double-blind placebo study?
I’m not, but I’m also not an at-risk person. I don’t want to risk bad side effects for a disease that has <<0.1% chance of killing me.

Of course, part of the reason for a vaccine is to get it universally taken so you build up some level of herd immunity.

You may be right, however, stadiums will probably still limit how many people can be in attendance. Same with Disney. Things aren't just to back to normal, as much as it sucks.
At least get sports back on TV and let me go out to bars and restaurants again...and, you know, actually see my friends, and I’ll be happy enough. As a single person who lives alone, this situation is going to get more and more tough as it drags out longer. I know, first world problems...

At least get sports back on TV and let me go out to bars and restaurants again...and, you know, actually see my friends, and I’ll be happy enough. As a single person who lives alone, this situation is going to get more and more tough as it drags out longer. I know, first world problems...
I wouldn't call it first World problems. Being stuck at home by yourself for weeks or months can do major psychological damage.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call it first World problems. Being stuck at home by yourself for weeks or months can do major psychological damage.
Well, try being stuck at home in India and Nigeria then tell me it isn't first world problems! They don't even have the capabilities to do a proper stay at home without destroying all economic impacts since school and work from home there is not as much of a thing as it is here.

I'm not downplaying that staying at home here sucks and can be tough, but it's far from the worst thing and we should try to look at the silver lining here. It is impressive that as a nation we have progressed so far that a virus and everyone staying home does not completely stop work since we have other options. It is a luxury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back