• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IHME's model said Spain reached peak daily deaths on April 1st at 950, so 757 is still in line with the their projected downward curve.

View attachment 38659
False, Spain's projected for today is in the 400s. Their actual falls well above reality. I added a blue line to the approximate deaths added today to display this.
spaindeaths.png

False, Spain's projected for today is in the 400s. Their actual falls well above reality. I added a blue line to the approximate deaths added today to display this.
View attachment 38661

Poor choice of wording on my part - I meant to indicate that declines from the April 1st peak are in line with their projection that Spain's peak is behind us.

It looks like the non-US numbers haven't been updated as recently as the US numbers in the UW model, for whatever reason.

Last night the IRS set up an Economic Impact Payment Information Center, with a list of frequently asked questions about the upcoming stimulus payments:

Last night the IRS set up an Economic Impact Payment Information Center, with a list of frequently asked questions about the upcoming stimulus payments:

Sad that it took them weeks to build that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sucks for people like me who are losing out on weeks of work because of the virus and are still claimed as dependent but have bills to pay. I might be fine not receiving it, but for those who are claimed as dependent in some way but have to pay their bills and such, it makes it even harder. Think about the other college students who are claimed as dependent and have to pay their bills, but are out of a job because of this.

What a joke Zeke Emanuel is. He is a Biden advisor and Obama care architect. He says we should prepare to be on lockdown for 18 months. Not gonna happen. What will the economy look like if it stays shut down for 18 months ?

Well you better hope for a workable vaccine by the fall then....otherwise chances are the second wave of this on top of the normal flu season with things going back to "normal" is going to make the last few months look like a picnic....

There's no way we can stay shut down until a vaccine is approved. Sorry. Not feasible. Longer than maybe mid-June at the most alone and there's going to be plenty of issues along with this illness.

Best case is in the next 6-8 weeks and through the summer, we make some major advances elsewhere. And that's not impossible.

Well you better hope for a workable vaccine by the fall then....otherwise chances are the second wave of this on top of the normal flu season with things going back to "normal" is going to make the last few months look like a picnic....
I agree but keeping the country shut down for too long and some of Matthew70's civil unrest predictions will become reality. We'll have to open back up but know that things probably will have to be stepped back down in the fall. Hopefully we'll know just how far the reach of this thing is and maybe there are more immune than what we know now.

There's no way we can stay shut down until a vaccine is approved. Sorry. Not feasible. Longer than maybe mid-June at the most alone and there's going to be plenty of issues along with this illness.

Best case is in the next 6-8 weeks and through the summer, we make some major advances elsewhere. And that's not impossible.

If we can get a rapid test going for the entire population, especially during the summer months, then I don't see another lockdown. Hopefully, some of these drugs work against the virus as well.

I believe there will be another wave in the fall, but not as bad as the first because we will be more prepared and anticipating it.

I agree but keeping the country shut down for too long and some of Matthew70's civil unrest predictions will become reality. We'll have to open back up but know that things probably will have to be stepped back down in the fall. Hopefully we'll know just how far the reach of this thing is and maybe there are more immune than what we know now.

I guess we shall see, the thing we don't want to see is making this all for nothing. If they relax these restrictions to soon and we see a big spike in cases and people needing ICU beds etc then two things happen, thousands die needlessly and we see a return to the same level or even higher levels of shutdowns. Its a tough call to make and a tough place for the decision makers to be, I don't envy them at all.

Simple question out of curiosity. Are all of you willing to blindly take a vaccine for this without a double-blind placebo study?

Simple question out of curiosity. Are all of you willing to blindly take a vaccine for this without a double-blind placebo study?

vaccines take so long because they have to be tested to be proven safe among other things. I’m not an anti-vaxer so as soon as a vaccine is released and approved I’ll get mine. Because science....

Until there is a vaccine large events like concerts,sports and amusement parks are not happening. Same goes for schools and eating at restaurants. We are just barely past 1 percent of the population infected. This will continue for a long while

If/when there was an opportunity to take a real look at the actual cause of death(s) (which probably won't happen) we'd know the true underlying data of the much bandied about death rates.

Those are extremely liberal per CDC guidelines of death coding's wherein if a person has Corona and dies they're coded as a Corona related death.

We'll probably never know the truth but if the number of fewer pneumonia caused deaths continues to track close to the number of Corona "caused" deaths a pretty educated conclusion can be drawn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back