• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Call Maps for 1/16-1/18

I'll admit, this is a very bullish forecast, but I still feel pretty good about it after catching up and looking at 12z/18z models after work today. The only thing I'm kinda questioning is if I have heavy enough totals further south into Central GA. Also I changed the 2-4 on the legend to simply 2+ inches so there's a very broad area of this on the map.

Attachments

• GA Snow Map Final Call.png
    GA Snow Map Final Call.png
    168.3 KB · Views: 40
Dont have graphics programs, but for the Central Midlands here is what I have:

"Here is what I think for my Midlands friends:

Just west or in the city of Columbia, I think a dusting is going to happen, up to an inch, if the precipitation rate works to crash the cold air down.

To the West of Columbia, Saluda through Lexington, Newberry, Greenwood, Northern Aiken, Hell, even probably the Augusta region, 1-2 inches.

To The Southern Midlands around Orangeburg, Calhoun, dusting with locally heavier banding allowing for more accumulation on colder surfaces like the grass, railways, overpasses/bridges.

Other areas to the East and South, some Wintry mix; Nothing major. This is not climo to a huge storm here."

Last edited:
My forecast busted hard, due to temperatures. :| We had the precipitation, imo, moreso than I thought we would have.

Back