• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Books

Reaction score
Decided to re-read Animal Farm after watching The Hunt tonight. (Pretty good satire/dark comedy). I haven't read the book though since the 90s. Feel free to post here about books, books, and more books. I've been pretty slack on my reading in the past few years. So many distractions and lack of focus. One of my new year's resolutions this time is to Read More Books.

Last edited:
This time last year I "resolved" to do the same. I made myself commit to reading one book per month. I will finish my 12th book of the year later today. Good luck!

This time last year I "resolved" to do the same. I made myself commit to reading one book per month. I will finish my 12th book of the year later today. Good luck!
I used to read 2-3 books a month easy... but last 5 years or so, my eyes and brain just refuse.. That's a good reasonable goal though, one book a month. I think I'll try that. And after each one I'll write a blog post or goodreads review. Another one of my lost passions, writing. I want to do more of that also.

Decided to re-read Animal Farm after watching The Hunt tonight. (Pretty good satire/dark comedy). I haven't read the book though since the 90s. Feel free to post here about books, books, and more books. I've been pretty slack on my reading in the past few years. So many distractions and lack of focus. One of my new year's resolutions this time is to Read More Books.
Have you read 1984? That’s been on my list for a while.

Fahrenheit 451
The Giver
Edgar Allen Poe Short Stories/poems

Great reads. Edgar is awesome if you like random creepy stuff

Lord of the Rings. Main trilogy+Hobbit. But there is a literal endless pitt of other works finished/unfinished that are great if you are hardcore into it.

Inheritance cycle (Christopher paolini) is in the brand of LOTR but more fantastical for sure. It’s good for the magic/elvish fantasy lovers. It’s a HUGE read with nearly 1000 pages in the final book. When I read I read BIG lol. It’s not bloated with romance as a lot of fantasy is. Pretty heavy focused toward magic and a huge war campaign. It’s a very straight forward plot and the writing at times is overly simple. But it’s a good story with good bones.

Hornblower series: old old school story following a sailor in the Royal Navy during the Revolutionary and Napoleanic wars. Sailing is a huge hobby of mine. Loved the technical battle strategies of sailing ships in battle. Very good. But not for everyone.

Airborne series: (Kenneth Oppel) steampunky but not overbearing. Set in a world without planes but airships instead. Hybrid blimps some capable of reaching edge of space. They hunt down a “legend” of an airship that went missing. Very very cool read. Pretty light.

I can keep going lol.

Back