• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Best weather subscription site

I’m a creature of habit so I really enjoy weathebell. F5wx has a really unique feature: extracted euro data like accuwx pro used to have.

Pivotal is also pretty good. Brett’s site is beautiful.

Weatherbell will always be my favorite and is the first site that I subscribed to back during the December 2018 snowstorm. I even got a free years subscription because I worked with them on some seasonal graphics for JB.

Does anybody still use weathermodels.com as their primary site? I've noticed that its use has gone down over the past few years.

What about TrueWX?A few years ago, it was the only site with UKMET snow maps, but now the Pivotal has it, there's no necessity.

It’s hard to find a one stop shop that has everything you’re looking for, so I tend to just say ‘this is my hobby, screw it, I’m going to splurge and purchase multiple’ when things look half way interesting. You can always cancel and restart a subscription

StormVista - I’m surprised more don’t use this one. The user interface for it is absolutely fantastic on both laptop and cell phone. Fast, reliable, and easy to use with nice features. Great for making quick animations and trend loops that you can save and post. They keep several days of model data. I actually keep this one all year long as I use it outside of winter just to follow the models for incoming rain etc b/c again, the UI is just so quick and good. Drawbacks: it has height maps, but doesn’t have ht anomalies which is weird/frustrating. Doesn’t have teleconnections. Has soundings that come out quick, but not the nice purdy ones with all the features. Has some ptype maps, but limited. Doesn’t have ensemble member data. $20 a month. Commercial package has a lot more features, but costly and I’ve never used it

Weatherbell - Has most everything you need with a good UI. Excellent graphics. Very good model ensemble member data, but doesn’t have ptype for EPS members (does for GEFS and CMCE members). Drawbacks: doesn’t have soundings or the ability to create trend loops. They keep some recent model runs, but not much model archive data. $28 a month

Weathermodels - much like Weatherbell, but the UI is a bit slower (a biggie for me) and not quite as good overall. It has ptype maps for all EPS members which is nice. Have basic package at $20/month, next level up at $29/month has the EPS member ptype and other stuff

Pivotal - upgrade package is excellent for access to Euro and UKMet sounding data. Has Fram ice accretion maps. Can save model loops and trend loops. Not as smooth and user friendly as StormVista and Weatherbell. $10 to $20 a month but they run specials

I just went with pivotal as I've been using their free version for long time. They had a 20% off sale so it was the cheapest. So I'm gonna try it for a year with all the other pay features and see how it is.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Back