• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush 2020

Oh that wasn't a complaint on my end, more of an astonishment on ya'lls successes!

Imma take my 1.5 with a smile. i could have been goose egged like RSG.
Yeah totally agree. I was just kind of thinking that 1.5 is normally a pretty big total, but it seems like chump change compared to 3+ inches. I was actually really surprised with the outcome around here going into the day. Most of the discussion from the NWS was around the western piedmont and the chances for big totals and severe weather there. Probably going to be a while before we can bust out the mowers!

Here are some August numbers:

KATL

High: 89.5F Low: 72.4F Precip: 7.04"

Home

High: 85.4F Low: 70.2F Precip: 7.77"

Blairsville

High: 84.2F Low: 63.6F Precip: 6.68"

Depressing seeing everyone get more rain in August than I did the entire summer. 11.4 for the whole summer is absolutely pathetic considering what everyone else got. So glad it's over!

@smast16 how about a 90 day rainfall map now? It'll be a different story than the last one!

Depressing seeing everyone get more rain in August than I did the entire summer. 11.4 for the whole summer is absolutely pathetic considering what everyone else got. So glad it's over!

@smast16 how about a 90 day rainfall map now? It'll be a different story than the last one!

Here ya GO! looks like a 10-15 which is right per your observations.

1598980970948.png

Raleigh ain't my town but we were riding go-carts and headed to Chueys and were near hollywood Blvd. Had traffic backed up as a u-haul rental had a bunch of their trucks and trailers washed sway under a bridge.

Consider yourself lucky, less humidity, less mowing, less weeds, less mosquitoes, less mud, less...

Unsure how many have followed this story but very tragic and heartbreaking. IVO Smithfield, Mother and 2 young children in a car were swept in to a creep along Gaillee Rd, call came in ~1am, first responders put 4 boats in the water, creek is about 1 mile from Neuse, all 4 boats capsized. Rescuers saved the mother and had hands on her son but he slipped out. Body of the 5yr girl was found on the 2nd full day of search.

Last edited:
Back