• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush 2020

There have been some rescues in the area of people trapped in floodwaters. Johnston County has been hit hard and they are trying to rescue four people trapped on top of a car. Crazy that we get more rain with this than we were supposed to get with the remains of Laura.

One last disturbance to roll through tomorrow. May have a sfc convergence boundary sitting along or just south of 40. I doubt we have the coverage we had today but given the widespread rain today not going to take a lot to cause issues

What is causing that one cell to remain anchored over the same area, while everything else is moving along?

Great rains from Raleigh to Burlington this afternoon. Respite for dinner then came back home to more slamming rains. Never seen the little creek that runs through our property run so high, not even during Florence. Good storms today.

Still can’t get away from convection robbing moisture F13AE95D-5D6D-478C-A586-10ECEFE779F9.png

Less than an hour left in Met summer, not really a PRE but areas WNW of Goldsboro will see 1’ of rain in a well under a 12hr period absent a bonafied TC. At the same time RDU metro is widespread 3-6” and 6-10” for Roanoke / Tar upstream basins, crazy day to say the least.

The only announced road closure due to floodwaters in Durham County was on my creek just a few miles downstream, figures...

Final damage assessment this morning:
-8" of water in the crawl space and 6" on the HVAC based on rack line, another 3" and it would have been toast
-Broken back fence panel
-Newish planter bed stripped bare with plants and landscape fabric scattered throughout the yard

Me right now:
index.jpg

Back