• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush 2020

106 degrees here hottest day of the year and the heat index briefly touched 115

No dry heat today

This front on Tuesday cannot be soon enough
Somehow ended up getting bailed out of another hot day today up here. I think we had a weak cold front just barely eek it’s way past here and save us from the heat. Had a forecasted high of 101 last night, but the highest today in Norman has only been 91 so far. Definitely looking forward to the bigger cold front next week. I think we both may have some good storm chances from it too.

Please tell me those dewpoints in the Midwest and northeast are coming south.

You’ve got “dewpoint” in your name. You’re the dewpoint guru, the dewpoint maven. When you talk dewpoints, people listen. So, you should know the answer as much as anyone. ;)
If I have any dewpoint related questions, I know whom to ask, thanks to you being here!

In all seriousness, much lower dewpoints are coming! Check out Mack’s great Sept thread to get the early scoop!

Last edited:
This has been the most humid summer I can ever remember.

As I'm sure you'll agree, summers are pretty steadily getting worse due to GW/warmer SSTs and this will likely only get worse until the globe cools. At least in winter there's enough variability to occasionally get a cold winter. In summer when there isn't much "imported" air, about the only hope for a cooler than normal summer in the SE has been a very wet summer and then those often end up having more bugs.

I just looked at RDU. Since 2005, they have had only 2 summers cooler than the 1981-2010 normal: 2013 and 2014. Guess what. They were the wettest summers since 2005 with 18.5-19.5" of rainfall vs the longterm average of only 13".

Last edited:
Back