• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc August Auguring

So as not to cause mass agitation or hysteria, no maps accompany this ... but after a cooler than expected June and July, batten down for some honest to goodness summer weather the next 10 - 14 days ... :(:eek::oops:o_O
Just as long as the summer heat doesnt extend until fall (September 1st) then that's fine. Once September is here summer's heat has to GO.

Just as long as the summer heat doesnt extend until fall (September 1st) then that's fine. Once September is here summer's heat has to GO.
Glad to oblige into the September Segue (though down here it's always between the 18th and 24th before there is a notice of change). Anyway, here ya go ...
wk3.wk4_latest.NAsfc_T.gif

and digging into next month a little deeper (realize of course that local NWS can't even get tomorrow's forecast right, but optimism prevails) ...

CFSv2.Na_T2m.20170814.201709.gif

Last edited:
Glad to oblige into the September Segue (though down here it's always between the 18th and 24th before there is a notice of change). Anyway, here ya go ...
wk3.wk4_latest.NAsfc_T.gif

and digging into next month a little deeper (realize of course that local NWS can't even get tomorrow's forecast right, but optimism prevails) ...

CFSv2.Na_T2m.20170814.201709.gif
It'd be nice if we could get that look in the winter! :)

Believe it or not we have not gotten a drop of rain here today. LOL
Actually have gotten a quite a bit of rain over the last 1.5 hours and still getting it. Rain gage is not working, but I'd say we have between 1 and 1.5 of rain here since 6:30

Reactions: SD
Believe it or not we have not gotten a drop of rain here today. LOL
Actually have gotten a quite a bit of rain over the last 1.5 hours and still getting it. Rain gage is not working, but I'd say we have between 1 and 1.5 of rain here since 6:30
Lucky. I dont even feel like complaining anymore stuck on .81 halfway through august most of you guys are getting that in 1 afternoon. Maybe 2 months with less than 1 inch

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Lucky. I dont even feel like complaining anymore stuck on .81 halfway through august most of you guys are getting that in 1 afternoon. Maybe 2 months with less than 1 inch

We are getting good rain here this month but still nothing like some areas next to me. Gaffney and Blacksburg just keep getting pounded and I am starting to worry about flooding up there. Was hoping to see these latest storms stay out of there, but they did not. Really hoping my friends up there do not have any issues because of all the storms.

Received .8 tonight in another slow moving gully washer... nearly 3" for August now. Hope you get yours tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7th wettest summer on record here in DFW so far... I had 4 inches this weekend alone, the average August rainfall is under 2 inches... (some places north of here had over 6 inches)

More scattered storms today! I guess it could be worse SD, Seattle just had its first measurable rainfall in 8 weeks yesterday!!

Back